plusnet Broadband any good

A good start would be first see who else serves your area. Use this tool to give you a start of who at least to compare prices to... https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/postcode_checker/

Edit: edited checker.

Not sure if it's worth binning Virgin off for SKY? Although Virgin provide the best speeds going, when I upgraded to VIVID I was getting 170mbps at the lowest, now I'm reaching low speeds of 50mbps so paying £65 a month (including line rental) for 150mbps I'm not even getting seems pointless to me.

Over Christmas holiday period was an absolte joke like yourself knows. I could literally get 38mbps, line rental and sky TV all for £43 a month for 12 months, and after the 12 months it's £53 which is still cheaper than what in paying.

That's all gobbledegook to me mate, but I think you're asking do I game (XBox and stuff) online - No I don't

Broadband is used for downloading music, general browsing, Netflix, illegal football streams and we cope with a download of 53mb

The guy at BT told me that I'm on Infinity 2 and that should be 63- 80
I ran a test as we were speaking and it came in at 53
He said that it's guaranteed to a minimum of 50

When I asked what speed Infinity 1 was, he told me that's up to 55mb, but I wouldn't get anywhere near that as proven by the Infinity 2 and I would only get just over the minimum guaranteed, which is 30mb

I have bt infinity1 now, i did have infinity2 but dropped it last renewal, I just ran a check and it came in at 34mb, I do pretty much the same as you except for downloading music and maybe that's the clincher for you as I assume that's the time you need the higher speeds. I never have any problems streaming, so assume the speed is fine for that.

I also have a couple of mobiles on bt, one sim only @ £12pm and a handset contract, I pay them £72pm for the lot including house phone, although I don't have the overseas calls included like you do.

I know plenty have a moan about bt but I find them ok once I've negotiated the overseas call operatives and connected with someone in Blighty, they've always sorted any issues I've had.

I'm about to switch to Plusnet. They get great reviews and I called their customer service line to check a couple of thinks and (a) they answered the phone quickly, (b) they knew what they were talking about and didn't piss me about. That sealed it for me, so I'm switching in a few days (from BT) when my contract is up. £32 for the 76Mb service, vs around £55 from BT. (Ironically Plusnet are owned by BT!)

Vodafone are £24 for same, but the reviews are shocking and quite off-putting.

What's the craic with telly on that? I have BT for everything at home for £42 inc free footy. Have to pat bastard line rental though, useless sunce the dog ate the phone

I just signed up to Virgin's 300Mbps service with full Sky Sports and phone for £88 a month.

Am paying £50m for just phone and 10 times slower broadband on Sky so I'm happy about that. Sky Sports basically cost me £30 a month.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.