VAR (PL introduction 2019)

My problem/worry is, once its here and the spotlight is not on it, we have already heard Zaha's dive for the penalty would not have gone to VAR so we still would have been cheated but say it did go to VAR and we have Alti Taylor on VAR, do u honestly think he will say its a mistake

The thing with the Zaha pen is that there was some contact and although he went to ground very easily, it wasn’t 100% clear cut that it wasn’t a pen so the on-field ref’s decision can’t be overturned. VAR can only recommend that the ref change blatantly wrong decisions. The Zaha pen was soft but because there was contact there are refs out there who will give it. On the other hand, when Aguero was clearly fouled in the box at Saints a few seasons back, only to be booked for diving, if VAR was used for that then the ref would’ve had to award us a penalty.

I love that the FA had the chance to introduce technology to improve the game and they've still managed to fuck it up.

The way VAR is being used isn't practical and creates more confusion than not using it, with all the variables in place as well as the fact the ref ultimately has to ask to use it.

We should have followed the lead of other sports and allow both teams 2 challenges per half. That way teams are responsible for how it is used to affect them and if they waste an appeal they only have themselves to blame.

But instead we have the shambles the FA have introduced instead. What a load of bollocks.
I love that the FA had the chance to introduce technology to improve the game and they've still managed to fuck it up.

The way VAR is being used isn't practical and creates more confusion than not using it, with all the variables in place as well as the fact the ref ultimately has to ask to use it.

We should have followed the lead of other sports and allow both teams 2 challenges per half. That way teams are responsible for how it is used to affect them and if they waste an appeal they only have themselves to blame.

But instead we have the shambles the FA have introduced instead. What a load of bollocks.

That's been my exact argument for the last 7 years, mate. I tried to think about every possible variable to reduce problems, but it doesn't solve a 100% of everything, just improves it infinitely better than what it was/ is.

I absolutely agree with you that the way it's used now is flawed.

Zzzz
So far it’s worked well in few games it’s been used , no longer players can get away with cheating and diving for a penalty etc
All fans have different ways of how they would use VAR , just because they are not doing it the way you want it to be done doesn’t mean it’s a shambles - the only things that’s been a shambles if for how many years players have got away with diving and cheating - at long last we are at the start of making the game fairer and yes there will be teething problems and mistakes but at least we’re on the right path.

Because it doesn't work until the ball goes out, you just know there is going to be a time when there is a penalty shout at one end which is to be reviewed then the ball will go straight up the other end and be a goal for the other team. So when fans and players think they are 1-0 up, it is really still 0-0 and you have to face a penalty.

Will be times too when something is given by VAR that is still contentious.

Think there will be just as much controversy with it in place.

It's definitely a step in the right direction. The aim should be to correct some howlers on penalties, dives, shocking tackles, offside goals. Important decisions. With VAR we'd be getting more penalties for, fewer against and more red cards against. What's not to like about that?

Zzzz
So far it’s worked well in few games it’s been used , no longer players can get away with cheating and diving for a penalty etc
All fans have different ways of how they would use VAR , just because they are not doing it the way you want it to be done doesn’t mean it’s a shambles - the only things that’s been a shambles if for how many years players have got away with diving and cheating - at long last we are at the start of making the game fairer and yes there will be teething problems and mistakes but at least we’re on the right path.

Agreed that it's a good thing players can't get away with unacceptable behaviour, but the way VAR is being used isn't fit for purpose. It leads to more questions than answers (as that penalty incident at Stamford Bridge highlighted).

They had a chance to utilise technology to improve the game and they're making a mess of it.

That's been my exact argument for the last 7 years, mate. I tried to think about every possible variable to reduce problems, but it doesn't solve a 100% of everything, just improves it infinitely better than what it was/ is.

I absolutely agree with you that the way it's used now is flawed.

Hopefully they'll make adjustments to how it is currently used. Trial and error and all that. That clown Mike Riley is heavily involved though so I have no faith that any sensible amendments will be made!

To be fair ,it not been a roaring success in the Bundesliga.

That's because their tech isn't up to scratch for instance they can't overlay an offside line on the pitch for the replay. Also the man making the decisions was corrupt and has been suspended. So I wouldn't use the Bundesliga as any kind of example or VAR working or not working.

Has it been a success in this country is what you should judge it by and so far it's a landslide yes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.