City vs Liverpool U23's

I wonder if I am in the minority here. I thought City were bang average tonight and at times just plain rubbish. I can see how Smith might be considered for MotM based his fantastic efforts but I didn't think much about the quality of his game with the ball given away too often and he ended up hoofing it so that it didn't come back too quickly.

Great win though and much needed given our position in the league. 3 nice goals too but I just didn't think the team play was very good.

I wonder if I am in the minority here. I thought City were bang average tonight and at times just plain rubbish. I can see how Smith might be considered for MotM based his fantastic efforts but I didn't think much about the quality of his game with the ball given away too often and he ended up hoofing it so that it didn't come back too quickly.

Great win though and much needed given our position in the league. 3 nice goals too but I just didn't think the team play was very good.
You're not alone pal.I also thought the game lacked any real quality,our defending was particularly poor as we just didnt seem to have any composure on the ball and we often looked panicked.

Smith did ok but hes a million miles from the first team.Matondo and Dilrosun impresssed in patches.

He only turned 18 in november, and he completly bossed the midfield today. Could have a very bright future

It was the first EDS game I’ve been to for a few years, and if I’m being honest they were woeful - the team with Gunn, Maffeo, Denayer, Evans, Glendon, Evans, Byrne and Barker was infinitely better, both collectively and to a man. I really do have to question whether the CFA is actually anything more than a naive vanity project - Platt Lane seemingly produced a higher calibre of footballer.

Regarding Matt Smith, he looked like the only ‘proper footballer’ in the team, with a varied skills set, intensity and attitude. Those perceived hoofs upfield were smart attempts at relieving pressure and gaining ground higher up the pitch, there was a lot of backspin on them. If he keeps developing, I can see him becoming a viable Fernandinho alternative eventually.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.