1894 Singing Section vs FC Basel: UPDATE: NO SEATS REMAINING

You will always get people moaning about a drum but you look around the country and Europe at some of the best atmospheres around and a large number of them have a drum.

It keeps tempo which is something our fans are absolutely atrocious at, i mean truly horrific, and its the main reason why songs dont get further than a block from where they startec. against bristol we had about 5 different pockets of fans singing the gusrdiola song at different speeds, how is that ever going to encourage others who dont usually sing to join in when they don't know who to join in with?

It also maintains songs for longer renditions than we would otherwise get and it ensures everyone is on the same song and not a handful of people signing 4 different songs. The key thing is though, the drummer has to not be some cock just banging like a year old.

There's no downside to a drum other than fans who don't usually even make a noise suddenly piping up expressing their displeasure in it. For all those against a drum, none of them ever gives a genuine reason as to why they're against it other than its "cringey" or "small time" I don't see how anything that adds to ghe atmosphere is cringey, surely it's better than silence?

You can stick the drum up your arse, The most cringey thing at football
It is indeed.

Plus a drum is only needed in giant stands. You do not need a drum with a small Singing Section. In small sections like at Palace the constant and monotonous bang of the drum becomes the atmosphere, it doesn't accompany it. Doesn't matter what songs are being sung or "oah woah ole ole der der der"d (they're the worst kind of football songs i wish we stayed away from too) to, all you notice is the *bang ba bang bang bang ba bang bang* of the drum and it's just annoying and cheesy. Only made worse by plastic happy clappers like at Huddersfield and Leicester.

That's not an atmosphere, it's just a noise.

The two best atmospheres i've heard this season were both City and Liverpool games at respective stadiums. Neither had a drum.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will always get people moaning about a drum but you look around the country and Europe at some of the best atmospheres around and a large number of them have a drum.

It keeps tempo which is something our fans are absolutely atrocious at, i mean truly horrific, and its the main reason why songs dont get further than a block from where they startec. against bristol we had about 5 different pockets of fans singing the gusrdiola song at different speeds, how is that ever going to encourage others who dont usually sing to join in when they don't know who to join in with?

It also maintains songs for longer renditions than we would otherwise get and it ensures everyone is on the same song and not a handful of people signing 4 different songs. The key thing is though, the drummer has to not be some cock just banging like a year old.

There's no downside to a drum other than fans who don't usually even make a noise suddenly piping up expressing their displeasure in it. For all those against a drum, none of them ever gives a genuine reason as to why they're against it other than its "cringey" or "small time" I don't see how anything that adds to ghe atmosphere is cringey, surely it's better than silence?
The top atmospheres in Italy don't have drums being smashed fuck out of like in Germany or Palace/Huddersfield.

Sampdoria:

Torino

Inter

...are just three examples (and not the best examples by any stretch, just a quick search), there are many.

They sound far better than the constant bang of drums. It's a total myth that you need a drum to create an atmosphere

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.