Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Arsenal could be making steps to replace Sanchez...

Aswin‏ @Zizouology 57m57 minutes ago
Fernando Garcia, agent of Bordeaux star Malcom, is in London. It's worth noting the hashtag in the picture, which was uploaded on Facebook. #Arsenal

DTaVxPRVMAAhhSu.jpg
Also Danilo's agent..

I think it would also spur the club onto looking for more exciting young talent...the only issue i have with sanchez is thst his age means we will have him at his peak for a couple of years...its a stop gap purchase albeit a world class one as he is undoubred quality

I've not been arsed since this thread started, for the reason of his age. I didn't want him in the summer (not because he wouldn't be good, but because I wanted Sane & Sterling to get more game time) but now they are established, I think he's ideal, to add icing to the cake.

My question re his 'peak' would be whether Pep might move him deeper & create another player out of him & then he becomes a long term player.

But I'm not at all arsed, as I know he'll be good if we sign him, but so will anybody else we pick as an attacker, in the future. We won't sign any mugs up front.

I was more concerned that he would have made the rags or Chelsea more of a threat if he'd signed for them in the summer. We did the job of preventing that.

Technically yes but the situation is more dynamic than that - Arsenal and Sanchez know who’s in for him and who will pay what. Ultimately Sanchez can chose to sit tight and Arsenal only stand to make any money IF Sanchez agrees to move now. The power rests with Sanchez and his team - Arsenal are largely bystanders who might get the opportunity to recover a fee but only if Sanchez lets them. Normally I’d expect Sanchez to sit it out but with things as they are he might not want to completely miss out on our season.
He might not want to miss out, but he can't join City until city and Arsenal agree a fee, and that seems some way off now.

Read back further. City briefed the media.

Looks to me like City received good news on the injury front, and have made it very clear that we aren't going to chase Alexis. £20m to Arsenal, and no funny agent business.

If he comes to City, its on our terms.

I’m not ITK but I’d think our bullishness might have something to do with a level of confidence about what Sanchez wants. As some have said we have taken Arsenal’s behaviour on deadline day personally and are playing it tough but that’s not to say we are being churlish or stupid. We won’t want to miss out on Sanchez so we must (I hope!) have some confidence from somewhere.

Definitely.

And if he decides to go there, City will not lose any sleep, because it automatically proves it would have been a mistake to sign him. City will be expecting a player who is desperately keen, to be a part of what the club is doing, not someone who just sees it as an option. We don't want a 29 year old who comes because it's an 'ok' thing to do & 'ok' money, we want a player who wants to rip up fucking europe with a blue shirt on.
Couldn't have said it better myself . All worked out logically.
Meanwhile ,Alexis waiting in the wings holding all the cards and very content to bide his time until summer if necessary.

Maybe, although I think Utd have indicated they would pay more, but possibly have not formalised the offer.

I think they may well of enquired and he told them to fuckoff.
They have nothing to offer,I think he gave pep his word and is sticking by it.
I've no doubt whatever PSG offered Arsenal would of took rather than sell to us,so if it was about money,Sanchez would of took the wedge that PSG were offering,which IMO would of been a lot more than the rags will offer.
He's made his mind up...IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.