Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. Personally I suspect the reason we've gone cold on this is more to do with the goal posts shifting in terms of his wage than giving a relatively small bit extra to Arsenal or a fee to his agent. If that is the case then I assume there is a good reason why the club don't feel we can give him what he wants.

People say stuff on here & it's taken as gospel.

Nobody knows when Utd first approached Sanchez, all they know, is when they first 'heard' about it.

as you say, we won't break our wage structure, for him.

You forgot to mention the ones we did get at the right cost. The three you mentioned, Hazard appears to be a player who plays well for a half a season and then goes missing for the other half. RVP turned out to be a 1 season wonder and Instead of Alves we got Walker who probably has another 4 seasons more than Alves has in him. I think its you that needs to re-think not the club.

We were going to get Walker anyway. Danilo is the one that replaced Alves. And Hazard was amazing when he joined Chelsea, wasn't a half season wonder at all.

Bollocks.....since he joined arsenal in 2014 the top 3 players involved in most goals are...Kane, Aguero and you guessed it Sanchez. You wouldn't be arsed though if the rags picked him up from under our noses? Well I would, the fella is absolute class and proven over many years and it would be absolutely fuckin ridiculous if we lose him after almost signing him for £60m a few months ago. Can't imagine pep would be to pleased losing his top signing from the summer to them fuckers over the road....if that deal would've happened 4 months ago he would now be our record signing, but now we're not arsed! I smell bullshit which is why I can only see him signing for the best team the Prem league has ever seen and wearing sky blue by the end of this month.

I don't give a shit how good he is, if he is that easily swayed to suddenly join United good luck to him playing for that shower of shit and under that prick of a manager. We are 15 points clear at the moment, Jesus is coming back earlier than expected and Aguero is amazing.

Looks like we thought we were the only game in town and thus thought we could play hardball with Arsenal. United saw a chink of light and drove a bus through it.

Alexis now has a Messi like offer on the table.

Maybe we grew cold on Alexis after the start we have had. Then warmed up a bit with Gabs injury. He is a defining signing for them. But wouldn't be for us.

Think we have made a mistake not getting this done before United's desperation entered the scene.

We’re not playing hardball at all. We have a long term project, football and finance wise, and we are sticking to it. So far we are beginning to see the fruits of our labour. We have a young squad sitting 15 points top of the league playing football never seen before in this land. The people we have up top are patient yet astute strategists who has measured the cost benefits of our actions.

I’m sure we have other players in mind as fallback options. Let the rags waste £50m or so on Sanchez, he hasnt been prolific with 6th place arsenal anyway. Pretty sure we can get better players for the price. Salah went for £37m just last window, so I’m sure there are a few other rough diamonds in the market.

I'm strangely not gutted he's moving on, even to United. It's been obvious for a while he's leaving, his era at Arsenal has now been and going. From our point of view, I'm just hoping for a bit of a rebuild over the next couple of windows. At least it would give us something different to look forward to.

From your perspective, I said it in the summer, and I said it before Utd came in for him, I honestly don' think he would improve you that much. I honestly don't think he is that next level signing any more, and you guys level is pretty high to begin with. I know he got slated but there were things I agreed with Marv on.

In simple terms, I'd rather have Pep and his vision, than Mourinho and a 29 year old Sanchez.

Don't come on here and post common sense! Can't you see we're having a meltdown!

United likely to have Zlatan wages off the payroll in June, so financially wages could be balanced.

You forgot to mention the ones we did get at the right cost. The three you mentioned, Hazard appears to be a player who plays well for a half a season and then goes missing for the other half. RVP turned out to be a 1 season wonder and Instead of Alves we got Walker who probably has another 4 seasons more than Alves has in him. I think its you that needs to re-think not the club.

That is clearly not true.

We were getting Walker regardless of whether Alves joined or not. It was Danilo who we signed as an alternative to Alves.

Where ever the player ends up he will be a great signing as he is a top drawer player and the scorer of important goals in the biggest of games.

Bit of revisionism on here saying its a desperate signing etc. Like with City if the player is worth X amount to improve the teams side then it is worth paying just like the money we paid for Walker is proving a great investment, as is Ederson and the money for Stones from the year before. All at the time were viewed as overpaying.

We have had a lot of victories of late and so a bit of a bloody nose is possibly due, just like with Alves. I have no doubt with Pep we will come back even stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.