Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Stones looked slow as fuck out there today. He looked stronger than ever before he got injured. Sterling shouldn’t play against Liverpool.

Stones went back to standing still instead of instinctively running into position and no top team can afford players who don't have the balls to turn up at a particular venue.

The Dippers have little bar pressing, crowding and the ability to accept gifts. How many of the four Dipper goals were well worked, team moves and how many did we bugger up and gift them. Guardiola needs to realise that in the PL you have to take a portion of the time to counter another team's major threat, and not believe that your own strategy will prevail come what may.

The fact that we were the architect of our own downfall is the most disappointing thing today.

However, looking at the top of the league table will help me get over it.

I can’t believe it. I actually can’t believe it.

Coutinho gone, Karius in goal and no VVD. Insane performance.

The end put a bitter taste in my mouth, but I think it was because we were knackered after that lightning spell.

Klopps building something with us, and we’ve got to keep him.
You've had results like this before, then go to sleep in other games. This is where we're different, we've had consistently high performances all season. Klopp needs to get that instilled in your players, use this result as a springboard - only time will tell.

You still have an inferiority complex with the scum in Trafford, you'll get beat there, or bore everyone to death with another 0-0.

Liverpool deserved it. They pressed and worked much harder and took their chances.
City might have to learn to be more pragmatic against certain teams who are capable of hurting us. I can totally sympathise with the 'we won't change our style' mantra, but I think that's going to be part of Pep's learning process too - sometimes, being able to change style is another tool at our disposal.

Ultimately, I think we were undone by mistakes that were induced by us not being used to such a high workrate from Liverpool. They were more than up for this game against us, and it showed.

They were all situations which were easy to handle irrespective of their pressing, we had several chances to rescue it & got it wrong again & again. We were just fucking shite at the back.

I can’t believe it. I actually can’t believe it.

Coutinho gone, Karius in goal and no VVD. Insane performance.

The end put a bitter taste in my mouth, but I think it was because we were knackered after that lightning spell.

Klopps building something with us, and we’ve got to keep him.
Agree on all points. (I probably can believe it was a possibility though).
If you get a quality keeper in definitely a big threat next year.
Not sure about your squad depth either - might be the difference over a season if it's an issue. But can't complain.

Can’t argue with the result. My one gripe is Sterling. Even before the game you just knew the crowd would get to him. He’s improved a huge amount , but his metal strength is dire and at 23 will it actually improve? Very frustrating.

I’m seriously worried about Sergio.
his mental strength is great. Everyone was shite today, why pick on sterling?

Our worst performance in a long, long time. Horrendous from everyone bar De Bruyne.

We misplaced so many easy passes.

Ref was terrible, giving them every foul and us every 6th foul, clear foul on Stones for their second goal, was shocked it wasn’t called, after that we fell apart. Otamendi and Ederson responsible for a goal each. Stones was bad also should of been more aggressive for the first goal.

Aguero and Sterling competing for who is better at disappearing. Sterling really can’t handle the booing it seems. Gundogan- bad decision after bad decision, what’s wrong with him? We are breaking and he chooses the wrong option every time and not just in this game, I am really starting to doubt him. Fern giving the ball a lot. Delph injured and Danilo is average at best. Sane great goal, better than the rest, can’t blame him too much today.

If we don’t get Sanchez and a defender or a back up for Fern this window then there should really be question marks.

Well given Silva's personal circumstances why have him over in the UK sat on a bench when we can all see how desperate we are for him when he could be at home with his family?

Something doesn't sit right with this today.

He had a stomach bug. He wasn't fully fit. That's why he was on the bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.