Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Fair play your defending was as bad if not worse than ours for a while there. Prior to that it was an open game that could have gone either way. I think we were quick to punish you for the errors defensively which perhaps magnifys the mistakes we had you on the ropes for a while like you had us on the ropes at the end quickly capitalising on our errors.
I’m obviously biased but I didn’t see you play any football. You worked very hard and capitalised on mistakes that we haven’t made all year. We played poorly and scored 3. From the reaction of your fans and sky you played the game of your lives and hung on to win by one in the end.

Fair play to Bernardo Silva. Took his goal well and was a great outlet when he came on.

This chap will be an incredible player for us. He will do it against the big teams

The issue was we couldn’t play pass their intital press. They wasn’t particularly good at it, there was gaps everywhere but there was no out pass from either the wide players or gundogan in midfield.

Showed the importance of David Silva who is nearly always the man to break the press with his movement to free himself or turn a defender, gundogan simply couldn’t do that and after we passed along the back and through Fernandinho we couldn’t go anywhere else which resulted in us losing the ball so many times.

We’ve shown signs of having a game like that in recent weeks, we’ve been grinding results rather than winning games comfortably. Reinforcements are definitely needed, we had no alternative to sane, Sterling or aguero today who were all fairly anonymous.

Vital we move on and put on a show next week now to prove this was nothing but a blip. Let’s hope we got all of our mistakes out of us in one game.

The first goal.was a long punt down the pitch, which Otamendi, unchallenged, headed backwards.

If he heads it forward, it's 0-0. That's the kind of level several of our players were operating at for 90 mins. We were slack all over the place.

Just back now. The stones incident never looked like a foul from where we were , he looked weak and it was in front of us.

Aguero and sterling not in the game. At all.

Liverpool were up for it and we weren’t

Quite a few half and half scarves in the away end which was causing quite a bit of grief with “self proclaimed” die hard city fans .

No, I'll repeat.

Anyone who thinks the 20 year old kid who faced a prolonged racially motivated hate campaign from the most read newspaper in the country, booing (for no reason) at every ground for years, and racially aggravated assault before a game, but has still absolutely thrived and is a contender for player of the season is mentally weak is a fucking clown.

If you mean he struggles against liverpool, write he struggles against liverpool, not that he's mentally weak which is complete and utter shit, and not at all fair.

The poor kid has suffered terrible abuse from a wide spectrum of supporters and to be honest I've no idea why. He has been billiant this season and anything but mentally weak. You look in the crowd at Klanfield and you can see the hatred and vitriol in the faces of those twats abusing him. Who knows whT they're shouting at him, but bear in mind some cretin attacked him the other week, so course it's going to effect him, he's a human being. I absolutely despise the rags, but I don't behave like that when we play them, as at the end of the day I have some self respect and would be an embarrassment to the club. Liverpool on the other hand seem to encourage this type of behaviour, with Bodger's ensuring that he left under a cloud with everyone hating him.

We need to get behind the lad and remind ourselves how young he is and what a great season he is having.

not too worried. everyone played badly and ten minutes/3 individual errors was our downfall. If the game was 5 minutes longer we'd probably have still drawn. Don't even know who Liverpool play next but they will drop points on their comedown from the Cup final.

A full week before next match comes at a fantastic time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.