Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Let's not be churlish, they played football and are just as capable as we are at stringing together some high precision passes for a swift counter.
I don't think we had a particularly 'bad' game - they simply put in an incredible effort and pressed up for the full 90 minutes - we simply didn't have the time on the ball that we're used to.
The reason they aren't going to win the league is that they are too inconsistent, and just as likely to put in a lousy performance against a bottom of the table team and drop 3 points. We're much more consistent.

They played us at our own game and it paid off for them.

Yes credit where credit is due they played well today. I did think our passing was not as crisp as usual and that gave them the encouragement to keep pressing where in other games where we have hit them with a few counters the opposition is more circumspect.

We do need our front players to return to form quickly. There incisiveness is the key to taking games away from the opposition where of late it has been a bit of a struggle killing matches.

I'm also confused, if he wasn't going to play we may as well have let him stay with his wife for the weekend instead of needlessly dragging him to Liverpool and sit on the bench

He flew back late this week and he would've started but for his upset stomach. He was not 100% therefore Pep puts him on the bench. At 4-1 we looked fucked so Pep thinks no point bringing Merlin on if he's off colour so he sits out the game. He's not a chess piece you can move between Manchester and Spain at the drop of a hat.

A rag just said to me "I bet you wished you'd parked the bus like we did. Jose doesn't look so daft now". I said I'd rather lose than play like them set of cûnts.

It was a fucking foul...watch it again...plus keV was fouled in their half before they started the attack.
A nudge in the back is enough to unbalance a player. Hence it's a foul
Kev, yes.

Stones, probably yes too. But when you're defending like that you have to deal with those situations, foul or no foul. Take the man out, do whatever you need to do, but don't let him through on goal like that. It was shit defending irrespective.

Wrong, foul, read the rules of the game. Push in the back is not allowed especially on the last man, again penalties have been given for less contact in similar circumstances, why is it any different for defenders who are favourites for the ball?

Right, I'm off to read the rules of the game! ☺

I thought we would win watching us dominate from the start of the second half. But some mistakes by City and great finishes by Liverpool turned the game completely. Good to see us going to the end and getting a couple of goals.

The burden of being unbeaten is off our back now...

Beat them 5-0 and lost 4-3 after gifting them two goals.

They played well at times in a manic, "rush like fuck" way.

If anyone doubts which is the better team look at the league table.

I know City are better in so many ways.

JJ

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.