Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Liverpool away is always the toughest fixture on the calendar in my mind. They have real quality in attack and are always fired up for the occassion, so I didn’t expect much before hand. Very frustrating to give away such soft goals and the predictability of Sterlings display was also annoying but we can take positives from the fight back at the end and we do also have the small matter of that 15 point cushion to fall back on. Couple of signings to keep things fresh would be great and its still going to be a glorious season despite todays game.

My argument is that mistakes are more likely to happen when under pressure, and we lost our composure at 2-1. When we beat teams, we take credit for applying the pressure that leads to mistakes, so by the same reckoning, we have to say Liverpool induced us into being 'rattled' and forced our mistakes.
I think we looked nervous from the start, and Liverpool looked hell bent on keeping the game at 100mph to keep us out of our comfort zone.
I don't think goals 3-4 were down to their pressing though was my point, as I said in my last post we responded so poorly to the goal, as if it was injury time, taking silly risks, trying to make passes that weren't on, playing each other in to trouble when they weren't in enough space... there was loads of time left a pass back to the keeper or switching flanks rather than trying to play through a crowd would have been better until we found our rythm. Their pressing was good I'm not saying it wasn't part of it but not as much as you are giving credit for and that's not sour grapes me saying that(we really have seen better and coped with it), as I said Liverpool did what they needed to, took advantage of our mistakes rather than forcing them outright(we made it easier for them to do their pressing game in a lot of situations). I'd even say Bristol pressed much better than Liverpool and literally forced us into mistakes moreso than us playing ourselves into the situations by not taking a safer option while we settled after going behind.

None at all. Sometimes you just have to put your hands up and say we dropped a clanger and a very decent Pool side took advantage. Some people may genuinely believe its a foul and I accept that as its a game of opinions but others cannot leave there bias to one side.
Agree with all of that.

Fern is the key position for us and today he had an off day. His replacement in the future will be key. Gundogan is a good squad player and not the ideal replacement.

At the highest level I don’t think our centre backs will be enough and we really need a key performer in that position.
To be fair he was outnumbered two to one ALL the time.Peps insistence on a single DM cost us I'm afraid.

To give credit where it’s due, they pressured us in to making mistakes which against 95% of teams never get punished.

The comeback was fantastic and had Sergio left the ball, dinho and gundogan were waiting to put it in.

Chin up and let’s go unbeaten all the way through to next seasons league title!

Fernandinho was also offside. I think Gundogan too. Our whole line was in hurry to get the equaliser.

Not too fussed about the performance and result , we were off our game big time today so hopefully the monkey is off the back and we can hit back hard at home.

The loss of Delph for a considerable period of time is the very disappointing news from today's game.

we always tend to have the wrong midfield combo there....Pelllers did it consistently playing Yaya in a two there....used to drive me crazy as everyone could predict what happened...

Today maybe we didnt have much choice with David Silva being injured but our ball retention would have been much better with him on the pitch rather than Ilky.... we just gave it away too much and KDB was crowded out centrally as it was any him in there looking to find the spaces...Ilky was too static in that respect and this had a knock on effect of our defence holding the ball too long and getting caught with stray passes

Agreed, Bernardo would have been a better option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.