Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Pigs will fly. Need to come out of the traps quickly and play more defensi e to start denying them space.
Year after year we fail to come out of the traps quickly enough and make stupid panicky mistakes.
Not enough bottle I'm afraid

At the risk of being back clarkied, I was taking the piss out of our cheeky neighbours from across the East Lancashire Road.

Gundogan has rarely been on it since he came back from injury, & today wasn't the day to put his pedestrian arse in the melting pot of Klanfield.

I still want someone to explain the sense of David Silva being on the bench, instead of being on the pitch...

Said it before and I'll say it again. The moment Silva was left out, that was the moment we lost the game.

I keep on seeing people post 'Silva was ill'. Why the fuck was he on the bench then??

I enjoy the match. Since I support City, this is the season I feel very relax. No matter what result of this match they are still far behind.
Stones is young but I still believe it is difficult to become a great defender without lion heart.

Sterling has had a great season for us but at Klanfield he is rubbish. He has been phycologically tortured by the press for leaving Klanfiekd and he has done wonders to turn it around but at Klanfield he plays crap. 3 times now and he's been gash on all 3 occasions. I wouldn't even start him next time.
I'd love to know why but only Sterling can have an opinion on this. To beat it I think he needs to put the afterburners on and drive up the wing more frequently than he does but Pep doesn't like him doing that for some reason.

Pep is trying to instill mental toughness, and an expectation that you will do the hard work necessary to overcome adversity. We always seem to forget, or ignore, he’s still a kid, but carries an enormous burden on his shoulders, but he has answered his critics on the field this season.

An opportunity to win, and possibly even score, at Anfield slays that dragon. It was not to be this year, but he is young!

As Pep has said repeatedly, knowing this day was coming sooner or later, it is the reaction to this game that is important. Hopefully, this will renew the focus of a few players, and some January additions will freshen up a small squad that usually picks itself. Competition for places and being able to sit a stale or tired player is incredibly important. With the injuries and four competitions, we have (for the most part) been unable to do that.

We need a quality CB, a strong midfield presence to relieve Fernandinho/KDB, and a new dangerous forward player. To me, that sounds like Martinez, Fred, and Sanchez. We’ll see who is and is not in the PL and CL squads come the end of Jan.

True this all happened in 9mins(from a total of 96minutes of play) though which is quite annoying as I doubt we'd behaving the same discussion without it, oh well time to move on I guess.

More bothered about getting players back fit now, Delph, Silva, Jesus... Stones and Aguero don't look 100% either. #worryingtimes
It can be 9 minutes in a whole season and that’s all it takes to be the difference between winning trophies and not.

Do that in a CL semi final and you’re out and it’s not good to see we’ve got it in us.

Said it before and I'll say it again. The moment Silva was left out, that was the moment we lost the game.

I keep on seeing people post 'Silva was ill'. Why the fuck was he on the bench then??

Because the people saying he was ill are just guessing

Because you have no idea

Because you're just ranting like a petulant child

22 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss

Stop screaming because you dropped your 17th icecream of the day

Wasn't a foul IMO, both Stones and Firminho went for the ball fair n square, Firminho out muscled him, simple as.
Opinions are irrelevant when discussing a push in the back, didn't even need to see the replay(both Sky and NBC called it in real time) and it did cause him to go off balance so discussing how much force is needed before a push becomes a foul is also irrelevant(don't push in the back at all simple).

By the way, it’s always interesting to get a bit of perspective from a neutral. Watched this in the pub with a mate who’s a lifelong Burnley fan. He’s still hurting a bit from last week, but he told me he’d be completely cheering us on against the dippers. A good lad, who knows his football inside out. He said he hadn’t seen Liverpool play like that all season. They played, in his words, "out of their skins".

David Silva is a truly special player who I wish we could clone.

I was watching a recent match with my son who was eulogising about KDB. I told him to watch carefully who regularly supplied the balls to KDB in dangerous positions where he can do damage.

The influence Silva has on our play cannot stressed enough. It comes as no surprise that we've been looking decidedly off colour, since his u fortunate personal problems surfaced...
I've said all along he's the City player supreme - the guy Kevin looks up to. Best player in the Prem (as Gary Neville has said) for seven years by a distance - no going missing for a year like Hazard. Allows Kevin to get forward more, dictates our play and tempo, difficult killer passes through small gaps, which makes his monumental pass completion rate even more remarkable. When he hasn't got the ball and we're attacking, takes up positions half way between the two nearest defenders causing hesitation as to which one should clatter into him, but by then he's long gone. 35 goals for Spain from midfield, but has more of a supply role for us and chips in with a few.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.