Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
That suits Arsenal but he goes nowhere if he says no. This sounds like his agent got into his head for the money and he has agreed. If he can't wait six months fuck him, shows him up as a mercenary because no way he has gone there for football reasons.
Ohhhh I think its fair to say the main winners in the whole thing are Sanchez and his agent, united and Arsenal come out of it mixed because Arsenal ended up coming out of it money wise better than most would have expected but sold to one of their main rivals united get the player, but I can't imagine their wage structure holding up well when people are looking for new contracts. City have been chasing a player for 18 months (and before that with MP)and missed out twice

It`s obvious he`s money driven, but he also wants City. The only way he can have both is by staying put until the end of the season. If nothing comes out tomorrow it wouldn`t surprise me if he sits out the rest of the season at Arsenal.

Even if he held out till deadline day

It is not hard to see we had a ceiling on what we would pay for a short term option versus a longer term one in Summer. Or how we might prioritise other positions now and that can change daily (like today if Delph's injury is as bad as seems).

We likely told Sanchez he would get a good pay day in the Summer if he waited. But he wanted out now. And put that ahead of waiting for Pep.

My guess is if that is his thinking he will realise the error of his impatience pretty fast. Unless he waited to see how we did today and has been sold the 'you can help us overhaul that gap on City' line.

If so I suspect Pep will be ruthless in showing him what he 'could have won'.

Really don't think we have a ceiling after what happened today. LB, FWD, DM, CB have always been the targets and we need them badder then ever right now with more injuries.

There must be someone else in the pipeline. Soriano/Txiki have obviously set the price they are willing spend on someone we'll get a couple of seasons out of at best and what's being demanded is too much.

If you ask me, United are being fleeced because they are desperate. We are simply walking away. We've not been hijacked.

We were willing to pay 60mil and agreed to his salary demands only 5 months ago for those "couple of seasons" mate....I think we expected him to be a blue and felt we could do a deal on the cheap with Arsenal because of it. This allowed the rags to hijack the transfer...I read that even after Alves got married, we still believed it was only us, even when his flight was booked to paris, we were still getting ready for his arrival. I think alittle complacency has got in the way of both of these deals.....

It is never about football reasons. They play for whoever pays the most.
If we didn't pay top dollar to our players, they wouldn't be here, even with Pep Guardiola.

Everyone works/plays for money and why wouldn't they? You can't tell me our offer would have been shabby and Sanchez is already a multi millionaire.

We were willing to pay 60mil and agreed to his salary demands only 5 months ago for those "couple of seasons" mate....I think we expected him to be a blue and felt we could do a deal on the cheap with Arsenal because of it. This allowed the rags to hijack the transfer...I read that even after Alves got married, we still believed it was only us, even when his flight was booked to paris, we were still getting ready for his arrival. I think alittle complacency has got in the way of both of these deals.....

And you would have done what exactly ?

Media lockout for me this coming week. Rags cut the gap to 12 points and sign Sanchez. Dippers love-in all week....

It is not the £60 million. United are not giving Arsenal that as far as we know.

They have offered a vast sum a week and money to his agent that we will not pay as it would create issues with our structure and might unrest our other players.

We are putting the team ahead of one player.

United are desperate for one player to save their team.

It is that simple and also quite revealing.

Let's see how many media stories reflect that rather than Jose beats Pep etc etc

The ones that do will be the serious analysts of football and the others United love in merchants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.