FC United Thread

Mistakes happen this is an unfortunate fact of life but presuming what conversation took place isn't really going to help anyone. As I said take it through the proper channels and get a response from someone who has some actual knowledge of the arrangement, I can't help you.

Of course we never got to vote on that, nor should we have. It's not up to the members to micro manage the club that's what we have full time employees for. Our employees have to answer to our CEO, our CEO answers to the board and the board answers to the members. That being said if our members felt the need to force this kind of decision to a members vote or indeed prevent all filming arrangements in the future then we could easily do that, but it's a no from me and I suspect the vast majority.
But was this a mistake? Or complete lack of judgement?

would love the local residents all who don't like FCUM when the game is on throw a tennis ball over onto the pitch and keep doing it and if anybody moans just say sorry we was holding a tennis ball throwing contest to see who can throw it over the stadium to the other side

Could I just ask a few questions to this NorthWank7. Was you ever involved, in any capacity either player, parent,official or even just a fan of any amateur/semi pro local team prior to the formation of fscum.? If so, you may understand the work and dedication and fund raising required to even exist. You "fscum" come along from nowhere and are gifted a plot of land (already used by a junior team) and are "awarded a 600K grant" by a struggling council and bent councilors ( Mr Murphy). The majority of local residents were against this decision (please do not use the so called M10 M40 postal ballot bollocks). Do you not feel that there were many existing teams who had been surviving on hard work for many more years that would have been much more deserving of any grants available?.Avro`s, Mostonions, Chadderton, Oldham Town, Chaddertonions, Moston Brook,Failsworth Tigers,Moston Tigers even dare I say it Maine Road F.C. to name but a few. Why did your club have to take over an existing football pitch when there was a perfectly ideal area on the old Monsall Rec, with better infrastructure, or was it true the local Monsall villains were non too friendly.? Were you happy when a breakaway club like yourselves were formed by a group demanding a return to green & gold and a return to your roots finally start a new club wearing red,white and black, playing at a professional clubs ground (Bury) and calling yourselves united of Manchester.??????? And finally (because i`m getting bored) were you or your fellow "members" so blind or thick that nobody thought to question some of your boards decisions to employ their friends and also PAY them LARGE contracts for many years until questioned and then allow them to just resign with no penalties ???????????? BAFFELING to say the least.

would love the local residents all who don't like FCUM when the game is on throw a tennis ball over onto the pitch and keep doing it and if anybody moans just say sorry we was holding a tennis ball throwing contest to see who can throw it over the stadium to the other side
Go for it, make a few quid selling them in the shop
Could I just ask a few questions to this NorthWank7. Was you ever involved, in any capacity either player, parent,official or even just a fan of any amateur/semi pro local team prior to the formation of fscum.? If so, you may understand the work and dedication and fund raising required to even exist. You "fscum" come along from nowhere and are gifted a plot of land (already used by a junior team) and are "awarded a 600K grant" by a struggling council and bent councilors ( Mr Murphy). The majority of local residents were against this decision (please do not use the so called M10 M40 postal ballot bollocks). Do you not feel that there were many existing teams who had been surviving on hard work for many more years that would have been much more deserving of any grants available?.Avro`s, Mostonions, Chadderton, Oldham Town, Chaddertonions, Moston Brook,Failsworth Tigers,Moston Tigers even dare I say it Maine Road F.C. to name but a few. Why did your club have to take over an existing football pitch when there was a perfectly ideal area on the old Monsall Rec, with better infrastructure, or was it true the local Monsall villains were non too friendly.? Were you happy when a breakaway club like yourselves were formed by a group demanding a return to green & gold and a return to your roots finally start a new club wearing red,white and black, playing at a professional clubs ground (Bury) and calling yourselves united of Manchester.??????? And finally (because i`m getting bored) were you or your fellow "members" so blind or thick that nobody thought to question some of your boards decisions to employ their friends and also PAY them LARGE contracts for many years until questioned and then allow them to just resign with no penalties ???????????? BAFFELING to say the least.
I can feel my IQ lowering just by replying to this but I'll give it a shot from the bits that are actually legible.

NorthWank and fscum, I really hope you aren't a grown adult for your sake.

I appreciate all the volunteers in non league and the hard work that goes into raising funds, from both my own club and others. I've spoken to many of these people outside of FCUM and have a lot of respect for them, as well of course for all those who give up their time and money for my club too, some of whom I know well. FCUM wouldn't exist without such dedicated people nor would many other clubs that dont have a rich benefactor.

The grant money was already in place for the Broadhurst Park development before we were involved, after we were the development obviously became a much larger project with the millions added from what we had raised. That money was due to be spent regardless.

All local hard working clubs deserve additional finances, it's up to the council where they decide to invest though isn't it. They obviously felt that a half million investment for a 6 million quid facility was a good investment, if you don't then fair enough.

Again your gripe is with the council, not us. My club didn't take over Monsall Rec because it was never an option for us to do that. We were offered Ten Acres Lane and then Broadhurst Park. Take the issue up with the council.

The club wasn't formed by anyone who demanded a return to green and gold, I think you are confused with the "protest" that happened a few years later. So yes i was more than happy with our name and playing in red. I was never a huge fan of Gigg Lane, it was blue, expensive and outside Manchester but it did us well for a few years so can't complain too much.

Can you specifically inform me which of the "boards friends" were offered big contracts for many years without anyone questioning it just so that I know what I'm supposed to be replying to?

Your post was somewhat BAFFLING.
F.c. = faux cheap
Not getting your money's worth then?

Go for it, make a few quid selling them in the shop

is the shop run by another unpaid volunteer supporter or is it just you again i will have to start calling you the wizard of oz with all the jobs you do at FCUM i can see it now your the match MC aswell behind the curtains pressing all the buttons for smoke and sounds effects i even bet you own the police horse of a different colors

is the shop run by another unpaid volunteer supporter or is it just you again i will have to start calling you the wizard of oz with all the jobs you do at FCUM i can see it now your the match MC aswell behind the curtains pressing all the buttons for smoke and sounds effects i even bet you own the police horse of a different colors
I'll have some of what you're smoking. Getting more bizarre as we go some of these posts.
What jobs have I ever said that I've done? And for the record yes the merchandise team are all volunteers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.