Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a really simple solution - a player's agent should be paid by the player, out of the players money, on a %age basis. Or, there should be a standardised formula (most likely a standardised %age). Pretty much any other system creates a conflict of interest. It's almost unheard of in any other walk of life for the agent of the 'talent' to be paid for by the hirer of the talent, pretty much whatever figure the agent plucks out of the air

The agent in this instance can name almost any figure they want. Let's say £10M. If United say yes and we say no, the agent will as you say do everything they can to force a move to United. Is the player even made aware ? There is insufficient regulation to be sure. THe system is geared to the benefit of agents, to the detriment of all the other parties. The system is inherently wrong and broken but the agents seem to hold too much power for the clubs to do anything about it.

The way it should work, in an example like this where a low transfer fee & high wages are paid because there isn't much left on the contract, is that there is a large signing on fee and the agent takes a percentage of that. If that was the case, which it would be in any other industry, the agent would be working on behalf of his client (the player) to get him the best deal possible which in turn would him the most as agent.

It's not rocket science. But there are no real signs of any major shifts in stance looking likely

What you would like to see, if this is one of the main stumbling blocks with Sanchez, is he turns round to his agent and say you will get whatever you get from the club I decide I'm going to. But does he even legally, have that power ? Or can the agent stand there and say if city dont pay me, the agent, what United will, I won't sanction the move ?
Why does a player need an agent anyway. It's not like the acting fraternity where the agent bigs up their client for a movie or TV role. We are aware of the players abilities and surely a grown man can decide if he likes what he's offered! Might be a simplistic view but if I was a footballer I'd do without.

Has anything actually happened? Fed up with reading this thread.
@uwe rosler 28 suggested there was some sort of commotion down at the City Campus (apparently per ticket office folk), United and Arsenal are reviewing every person to ever have played for either club to see if a swap can be done now, in the past, or in the future, and I’ve just had a delightful Turkish coffee.

That’s about it.

Daniel Timperley who runs the Facebook page Mcfcjustsayin is reporting that this deal isn’t dead yet, and he’s right about most of our transfer dealings.

Theres life in this one yet people if he says it isn’t dead!

Has anything actually happened? Fed up with reading this thread.

Literally nothing barring City chief's including Guardiola had a meeting to determine the final decision on Sanchez (answer unknown), Tolm suggested we should sign Vardy mixed together with a load of rubbish and plenty of deferrals.

Oh, and Arsenal had an approach for Martial rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.