VPN Advice - (2020 pg12)

Mullvlad, vpn.ac, nord, all of these are considered high end vpn systems. There are others to like ipredator which was designed by the owners of tpb, very solid but it used to be expensive, not sure the cost these days.

I think you have to be very careful. I used to use Cactus but for torrents you had to use their Netherlands server. They assured me they kept no logs, but that did not sit comfortably, since by EU law they are legally required to keep logs for a European server. So either they were lying to me, or breaking the law, i.e. they are criminals. Either way, I didn't trust them.

I switched to Nord, who I think are a much better bet.

Could any Nord users tell me if they are able to connect(wifi router openvpn) to Play store on their mobiles? Play seems to be blocking access via VPN but I can't find anyone else discussing it which is odd.

Could any Nord users tell me if they are able to connect(wifi router openvpn) to Play store on their mobiles? Play seems to be blocking access via VPN but I can't find anyone else discussing it which is odd.
You are likely using an ip from a country that is not allowed the play store you are trying to access. For example a .us ip can not connect to .uk play store. Make sure your using a server in the country whose play store you wish to connect to.

You are likely using an ip from a country that is not allowed the play store you are trying to access. For example a .us ip can not connect to .uk play store. Make sure your using a server in the country whose play store you wish to connect to.
It's connected to a UK server(manchester one), so you're not experiencing the same I take it? I will just switch to a London one and see if that helps maybe, thanks for the reply.

I think you have to be very careful. I used to use Cactus but for torrents you had to use their Netherlands server. They assured me they kept no logs, but that did not sit comfortably, since by EU law they are legally required to keep logs for a European server. So either they were lying to me, or breaking the law, i.e. they are criminals. Either way, I didn't trust them.

I switched to Nord, who I think are a much better bet.

How do the issues you've outlined there with Cactus, differ from Nord? Nord also claim not to keep logs (something to do with their Panamanian base?) - but they also have EU servers....what gives?

It's connected to a UK server(manchester one), so you're not experiencing the same I take it? I will just switch to a London one and see if that helps maybe, thanks for the reply.
Ahh thats a bugger. I run my own internet through a secure tunnel these days utilizing one of my servers and not used a vpn for a while. Given that, i may be of little more help with this issue sadly.

No problem mate, I will ask around other places, it's an odd one though as it seems to not be present with older versions of the playstore app. If I remove playstore and enable it again it reverts back to the stock version which connects fine.

How do the issues you've outlined there with Cactus, differ from Nord? Nord also claim not to keep logs (something to do with their Panamanian base?) - but they also have EU servers....what gives?

I dunno. But Nord at least have servers outside the EU, in countries where logging is not a legal requirement, through which you can download torrents.

Speak to their support.

I had problems when I was using a Us server to access American Netflix as it detected my proxy, but they have certain servers that are ok!

ExpressVPN is the dogs bollocks if you’re going to switch!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.