Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done City! Absolutely the right thing to do. If he would prefer to go to them for the money, why the hell should City upset the apple cart by paying an inferior player more money than our current stars. To overdo the apple metaphor a bit he seems like a bad one & it really is not worth upsetting team harmony. It seems to me that we have a team that WANTS to play for Manchester City (despite the incessant media sniping about mercenaries). This team is going places together. Let's keep it that way.

Looking at some of the journalists on twitter, they are reporting why City are backing out.

I think even for some of the biased ones out there this deal screams of being a little excessive.

Spotted this myself. Just come out the cinema so catching up on the thread but the general consensus is that we have taken a stance against the extortionate numbers being thrown around.

Sanchez decides now - trophies or money

he would have been the highest paid player in our history,let that sink in,all the rest of them would not have put up with that would they now
Generally the richest teams buy the best players and win the most trophies. It's a shame we couldn't get Sanchez who is one of the best PL players. IMO he would be only be behind KDB in our squad.

Yes if he chooses to stick to the demands that City have laid on the line. Basically " you can still come to us Alexis and we will welcome you as much as we sought and pursued you last summer ,
but on our terms "
Don't think he will .

Me neither

I think City have got a but irked by Sanchez upping the ante when it looks clear where his heart lies. That seemingly was not a ruse.

They could have upped the deal a bit but wisely did not.

Instead they put it all back on him so everyone knows he wanted us, they wanted him and if he goes elsewhere there is only one reason. Money.

We now control the story not him and his agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.