Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has a knock on effect. Our Kev will look at this and be thinking if Utd are paying Sanchez £400k a week then I am a better player than him so I deserve the same/more from any new contract. Why would he sign an extended new contract for less than that now when he knows he can wind his down and take his pick at the end of it when the norm for players of his class will be £500k a week at that point...City have to see the bigger picture here, all very admirable coming across as sticking to their guns etc etc but it won't stop players comparing their wages to what's on offer elsewhere.
I wonder, do we think City would go up to £400k per week for the right player in the shorter term and just feel it is not right for Sanchez bearing in mind his age etc etc?

Id almost say he's running out of options in the PL. If he wanted to sign for Utd or City it would have happened by now.
He burned his City move by talking to Utd but never really wanted to go. Chelsea just seems unlikely and then Liverpool probably can't afford to.
Not seen any madrid links but them or psg are now potentially his only options and realistically not til the summer.
I think we'll be seeing a sulking sanchez at arse for the next 5 months

No they didn't, same with Alves in the summer with the way they done it but ultimately players signed for city for the dosh. It's nice that's not the case now but the hatred and insults at Sanchez in the original just screams hypocrisy from us.
Tom's right here, I'm sure zabs, komps & hart signed just before the takeover (If I'm wrong don't hammer me please). But post take over, with Nasri, Adebayor, Yaya, Aguero, Silva et al they were lured because we threw money at them. That's not a criticism, it's just the way it was back then as we had won nothing for so long. Now our position is stronger obviously footballing wise. The filth are kind of in a position similar where trophies aren't a guarantee anymore so have to over pay although not always. Football runs in cycles after all. Irony has it that those aforementioned players are forever City legends (Not Nasri, Adebayor)and have stayed for years in a golden era. Sanchez could be a stellar signing for them if he goes and the filth wont care what he costs.

Tom's right here, I'm sure zabs, komps & hart signed just before the takeover (If I'm wrong don't hammer me please). But post take over, with Nasri, Adebayor, Yaya, Aguero, Silva et al they were lured because we threw money at them. That's not a criticism, it's just the way it was back then as we had won nothing for so long. Now our position is stronger obviously footballing wise. The filth are kind of in a position similar where trophies aren't a guarantee anymore so have to over pay although not always. Football runs in cycles after all. Irony has it that those aforementioned players are forever City legends (Not Nasri, Adebayor)and have stayed for years in a golden era. Sanchez could be a stellar signing for them if he goes and the filth wont care what he costs.

Exactly. You pay the money to bring these top class players in. I'd actually say that we don't have a bonafide world class player in terms of the attack (KDB and Silva are midfielders) which is what you need in the latter stages of the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.