Lukas Nmecha

I’m not sure some people haven’t cottoned on to the fact that everyone is everything in Pep’s team. The goalie is a sweeper, the left back is a midfielder, the right winger is a right full back and every midfielder is a forward, centre or otherwise. Yes, it is nice to have a recognized 20+ goal per season “centre forward,” but the whole notion of City/Pep needing a traditional centre forward is so “yesterday.”

With The Project nearing completion, Pep and Txiki are not in “fill in temporary holes” mode, but in “what AREAS of the team need strengthening with young international quality players?” and “which Academy players in those areas look like they might be ready in the next year or two?” I think this is guiding them both, with the caveat that they also know there are a few gaping and glaring areas that need addressing RIGHT NOW...a CB, a DM, and possibly another goal scoring forward.

Not sure about his football ability but he has the look of a superstar. Leave Alexis where he is and throw this guy in when Agustin needs a rest.

Couldnt think of a worse destination.
Was my initial reaction also.

But thinking about it a little more, could be a decent opportunity for him. It's only half a season, so its not like he's going to miss out on a full year of development if it goes tits up. The only senior striker at the moment they have is Duncan Watmore, so i suspect he'd go straight into the team. They're already heading for relegation, so there's nothing much to lose either (no-one would blame him), however if he scores a few vital goals he can basically help turn their season around - massive confidence and reputation boost.

Almost like a free hit for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.