Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's take an alternative look at this. As a kid he'd probably never heard of us. Pretty sure he knew about united. Along with Madrid, Barca, Milán.

He is now being offered what looks like the 4th best deal in football history. If he has an ego that will mean something. He is also going to a side he may be able to reinvigorate. Again ego. Coming to City he would not be the main man. He is a big fish player.

Looks like a no brainer for a guy like him.

Given his age, you can only really expect 3 good seasons from him. The reported deal equates to £60m/yr, which is frankly ridiculous. I'm far more upset that we missed out on Mbappe than Sanchez.

What's funny about this is that we were one of two clubs seriously interested in him in this window. We offered him £290k/wk and yet United are offering £500k/wk. Why such an enormous gap? Either United are really terrible negotiators or the prospect of playing for United needs the mother of all sweeteners.

It shows you how desperate both the club and mourinho are to try and keep up with us. Remember this is the manager who throws youth to the side regardless of their talent because he cannot influence a player to excel and push on. Mourinho needs established names. They and especially mourinho need sanchez so they have threw the massive wage and are prepared to once more pay an extortionate agent fee.

The united fans wont see it as a negative, but i seem to remember rooney being pelted by their own because they couldn't get him of their books with his wage - well they have got another scenario all over again.

In all honesty with that money being thrown at you when you are hitting 30 next year as a footballer you are going to take it

Are we keeping this thread open waiting for confirmation? Or are we just using the thread to say what a greedy bastard he is ?

Myself, I just pop back in to gloat at the ridiculous fee they have had to offer him, to consider playing for them.

Cant we change the thread name to something more suitable ? : )

All wages are stated before tax. Some footballers are paid gross into a company then they try and reduce their tax bill it by offsetting against property etc most wouldn’t get paid through PAYE although there’s probably a few!

The reason this one has been quoted ‘after tax’ is to play down the figures. That’s the only reason I can think of as to why this one is different to most reports on salaries

It is the top foreign players who ask for a specific amount after tax as Sanchez has apparently done. The club has to gross it up and pay the tax and NIC for them effectively doubling the amount. The rest of your posting I am sorry is just totally wrong. PAYE is applied to footballers wages and HMRC are all over schemes to avoid this. Sadly neither footballers nor myself can set income off against property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.