Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roberts ?? Sorry but he will not cut it at City.

Younger and there is nothing I have seen Zaha do that Roberts couldn't, albeit in a lower level league. I just think considering our stance on money with Sanchez the numbers that were quoted in the past for Zaha would be stupid. Probably the most frustrating player in the league to watch. Our strikers and attackers will be pulling their hair out with how many times he goes to cross then doesn't. Our attacks are built on quick play wide and then quick in the box to the striker. Zaha wouldn't offer that, might do further down the line if he is coached right. He isn't an improvement and as we have seen ourselves and with other teams if you don't improve in a position of strength then you are going backwards.

Younger and there is nothing I have seen Zaha do that Roberts couldn't, albeit in a lower level league. I just think considering our stance on money with Sanchez the numbers that were quoted in the past for Zaha would be stupid. Probably the most frustrating player in the league to watch. Our strikers and attackers will be pulling their hair out with how many times he goes to cross then doesn't. Our attacks are built on quick play wide and then quick in the box to the striker. Zaha wouldn't offer that, might do further down the line if he is coached right. He isn't an improvement and as we have seen ourselves and with other teams if you don't improve in a position of strength then you are going backwards.
Zaha chooses to play his football in our league thus has direct and relevant experience, Roberts chooses to not..... To be honest I wouldn't be chasing Zaha, but anyone who thinks Roberts will make it at City is fooling themselves.

I would not be surprised if Sanchez is still with Arse in Feb
The whole thing is a joke. I've said all along that I reckon Moureen's jumped into this transfer as a way of trying to upset our season & get into Pep's head.

However, now he's made an offer of £500k per week in wages & pledged a ridiculous signing on fee & agent percentage, which led to City pulling out & Sanchez accepting it, & now the reality must be sinking in.

He's got a world class forward, paid through the nose to get him, & offered world record wages!! All of a sudden, the fact Pogba, Lukaku, Ibrahimovic & the rest are probably sat bolt upright like meerkats with their grubby paws poised over the speed dial to their agents, must now be giving the Old Toilet money men the willy's!!

This will also have a knock on effect with any future superstars they approach. The wages ManUre must now offer has to be north of half a million quid a week! Imagine if a Griezemann type came along & said 'Well if a 30 year old is worth £500k, how much has a 26 year old gotta be worth hey?

They're making their bed, & they'd better be prepared for a lot of uncomfortable, sleepless nights when they lie in it.... It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch!

As for City, it seems we won't allow ourselves to get angry, we'll just play the long game & get even!

Zaha chooses to play his football in our league thus has direct and relevant experience, Roberts chooses to not..... To be honest I wouldn't be chasing Zaha, but anyone who thinks Roberts will make it at City is fooling themselves.

What about Roberts Champions League experience over Zahas then? I agree, I don't want Zaha and don't think Roberts will make it here but I know who i'd give a chance to out of the two.

I hate to agree with you, but I have to. Roberts looks a world beater at academy level & playing for the best team in a poor, one team league, but showed a weakness of character & a willingness to test himself at the highest level.

He's happy with the glory north of the border, but won't risk losing that by having to play in a league where he'll have to graft & be close to his best in every single match he plays.

Roberts isn't a patch on Sane or Sterling, but they are trying to prove themselves at the highest level & are full internationals. How far away is Roberts from that level in reality, & more importantly, can anyone see him getting there any time soon?

They think Sanchez has more to offer them than Miki and Zlaten.

They might be right.

Who knows what the wage situation actually is but you would expect the wages those players are on will be close to what they are paying Sanhez.

If they want to pay the reported figures for Sanchez they are welcome to do so.

Clearly the Armenian is not a player Mou wants and he has a history of releasing players some of them turning out ok to other clubs.
Ibra looks a dumb deal now. They were re-building and they go and buy a player who had zero football left in him, and then Mourinho squeals to the press that you can not compare my team with Guardiola's because they are further advanced in their rebuilding!

We know what we are doing, and buy players to fit into a vision of how Guardiola wants to play.

They just seem to pluck star names from thin air without any idea as to what they are doing. Sanchez was a wide forward, perhaps the ultimate wide forward in the game. There's Suarez, Thierry Henry and Alexis Sanchez and he deserves to be considered in that company, but Mourinho goes and buys him when his legs have gone. I hope he plays him instead of martial. That is his position at Arsenal.

I hate to agree with you, but I have to. Roberts looks a world beater at academy level & playing for the best team in a poor, one team league, but showed a weakness of character & a willingness to test himself at the highest level.

He's happy with the glory north of the border, but won't risk losing that by having to play in a league where he'll have to graft & be close to his best in every single match he plays.

Roberts isn't a patch on Sane or Sterling, but they are trying to prove themselves at the highest level & are full internationals. How far away is Roberts from that level in reality, & more importantly, can anyone see him getting there any time soon?
Only started about five games for Celtic this season so even Rogers has his doubts in a poor league. Sinclair plays much more regular

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.