Last Film You Saw

Amazing it was a short story from the “Bachman Books” a Steven King psuedonym I seem to recall.. “Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption” I actually read it I think before watching it... still my favourite film years later... let’s hope they never do a remake

No, it was in an anthology called different seasons. It's by-line was 'hope springs eternal' That's why hope has a strong undercurrnt In the film.
Stand by me was also in the same anthology under the by-line 'fall from innocence'
The other 2 stories are decent as well, though not as powerful as these 2 that made such impact in the cinema.
As I recall (from memory) there was 'summer of corruption' and 'a winter's tale' to round off the 4 stories (seasons).

Wank isn’t it.

I just watched Dunkirk. To be honest I didn’t think it was as good as many have said. The suspense was built well mainly by good use of music but wasn’t on a par with Saving Private Ryan. 7/10 for me. Didn’t blow me away.

Watching Inglorious Bastards again now. Good film
Same here , proper overhyped sheep effect film . 6/10 from me !

No, it was in an anthology called different seasons. It's by-line was 'hope springs eternal' That's why hope has a strong undercurrnt In the film.
Stand by me was also in the same anthology under the by-line 'fall from innocence'
The other 2 stories are decent as well, though not as powerful as these 2 that made such impact in the cinema.
As I recall (from memory) there was 'summer of corruption' and 'a winter's tale' to round off the 4 stories (seasons).
You are right.. sure I read it anyway,, the section in the book Is definitely entitled “Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption”.. I am sure I remember reading it.. will have to get a copy for the Kindle

Darkest Hour.

8/10 - the underground scene was cringeworthy but other than that it was a very good film.

Ben Mendelson and Oldman were epic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.