Newcastle (H) Post Match Thread

It’s amazing to see criticism of Zinchenko on these pages.
He was exceptionally good yesterday.
His first touch and distribution was outstanding. He showed real footballing intelligence.
He got into good positions defensively and tackled promptly and generally well considering it’s not his natural position
Those claiming Kolarov would have been better clearly fail to recall his lack of pace and almost clinical inability to stop a cross from coming in.
As for the goal it was a brilliant/accidentally brilliant pass that did for him. Would be very harsh to blame him for that.
For me he was MOTM.
The boy is a huge talent and will only get better under Pep.

It’s amazing to see criticism of Zinchenko on these pages.
He was exceptionally good yesterday.
His first touch and distribution was outstanding. He showed real footballing intelligence.
He got into good positions defensively and tackled promptly and generally well considering it’s not his natural position
Those claiming Kolarov would have been better clearly fail to recall his lack of pace and almost clinical inability to stop a cross from coming in.
As for the goal it was a brilliant/accidentally brilliant pass that did for him. Would be very harsh to blame him for that.
For me he was MOTM.
The boy is a huge talent and will only get better under Pep.

Agreed, he's a huge talent and shouldn't be criticized for making a mistake we'd let slide from Kolarov as par for the course. would like to see him play further up on the wing or even in the no. 8 role

Agreed, he's a huge talent and shouldn't be criticized for making a mistake we'd let slide from Kolarov as par for the course. would like to see him play further up on the wing or even in the no. 8 role
Pep has identified the same qualities in Zinchenko as he did in Kimmich at Bayern ie technical ability, pace and most of all football intelligence.
It bodes really well for the boy and the club.

Those who are berating Zinchenko must have been watching another game.
He was bloody excellent today and fully justified Pep’s selection.
Very exiting and intelligent play.

yes, however it was not especially intelligent play with about 5 minutes to try a ludicrous 2 yard pass inside the box to a team mate who had his back to him just after they'd almost scored.....sensible "intelligent" option would have been just to hoof it clear.
Did well going forward and it was a good performance at home, against a relegation-threatened team who barely attacked us
As others have said, did well going forward but looked slightly suspect when asked to defend which is not unsurprising given his preference for playing in a midfield role.
Definitely lacks pace which in a Pep team, is an issue.

Last edited:
Zinchenko was outstanding in the 1st 45 & wasn't to bad in the 2nd. There goal caught him out but also the other 10 players out + Ederson normally stops them. Gave a few bad balls in the period after Newcastle scored but his overall game was very good.

KDB wasn't his normal self yesterday but that's ok if Dave is back playing he is the difference in our side you certainly know when he ain't on the pitch.

Aguero won me some money even though I don't think he touched the 1st??????

Z did ok, passing and link up play were excellent but that pace is shocking, reckon Kolarov would leave him for dead.

Zinchenko was outstanding in the 1st 45 & wasn't to bad in the 2nd. There goal caught him out but also the other 10 players out + Ederson normally stops them. Gave a few bad balls in the period after Newcastle scored but his overall game was very good.

KDB wasn't his normal self yesterday but that's ok if Dave is back playing he is the difference in our side you certainly know when he ain't on the pitch.

Aguero won me some money even though I don't think he touched the 1st??????

On the replay they showed on NBC it was clear his hair moved. No idea if his head hit it, but his hair 100% did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.