Fred(Signed for United)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary, I don't share the opinion that Gundogan isn't good.
In comparison to Dihno, I think he is a better passer out of tight spaces, has better peripheral vision, has better dribbling skills, moves around better to make himself an option for a pass and has better control and technique.
He is weaker in the tackle, slower to react defensively, weaker in the air and not as good a presser.

In the end I think performance wise it will come out a wash. Folks will whine when he doesn't go full throat into a tackle, but they'll miss how we keep possession longer and more comfortably transition from defense to offense. The results will stay about the same while folks are busy hoping for Dihno to get back soon.
This is how I see it. Gundogan is more of a KDB type player, that’s why they find it difficult to play along side each other (they keep taking up the same space). He would be very efficient in the Dino role, but would go missing (to far forward) to many times in a game. At this moment, we have ample cover for Dino, I’m not saying as good as, but ample cover for a lot of the games coming up. Fred would make a huge difference to the central role, but not until next season. Hopefully sign him up in January and loan him back, then everyone is happy.

The number of defensive headers Fernandinho made yesterday particularly from their keeper, I think we will have to work on getting at least one more player with height though if Mendy regains fitness it may help. Fred is about eighteen inches tall from memory.
Are you sure? I'm thinking 17 inches. :)

The number of defensive headers Fernandinho made yesterday particularly from their keeper, I think we will have to work on getting at least one more player with height though if Mendy regains fitness it may help. Fred is about eighteen inches tall from memory.

Are we building a world class table top football team ?

On the contrary, I don't share the opinion that Gundogan isn't good.
In comparison to Dihno, I think he is a better passer out of tight spaces, has better peripheral vision, has better dribbling skills, moves around better to make himself an option for a pass and has better control and technique.
He is weaker in the tackle, slower to react defensively, weaker in the air and not as good a presser.

In the end I think performance wise it will come out a wash. Folks will whine when he doesn't go full throat into a tackle, but they'll miss how we keep possession longer and more comfortably transition from defense to offense. The results will stay about the same while folks are busy hoping for Dihno to get back soon.
I'm not sure Fred is a dinho replacement, he must be some player if that's the case. I remember him playing quite well against us in the champs league though. What's your opinion of him? A good fit for a pivot role at city?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.