United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that winds me up the most about the rag fans is that they harp on about "history" yet conveniently and repeatedly fail to acknowledge that City are forever in that history for being the club that saved them from disappearing altogether, by providing them with a stadium to play some of their games, by providing them with players and even a kit to play in.

They are like a penniless person you give a couple quid to so they can do the lottery, they win it and then spend every day afterwards telling you how rich they are whilst not even paying you back the £2.

The thing that winds me up the most about the rag fans is that they harp on about "history" yet conveniently and repeatedly fail to acknowledge that City are forever in that history for being the club that saved them from disappearing altogether, by providing them with a stadium to play some of their games, by providing them with players and even a kit to play in.

They are like a penniless person you give a couple quid to so they can do the lottery, they win it and then spend every day afterwards telling you how rich they are whilst not even paying you back the £2.

Don't forget the Manchester Central saga - arguably far more important to United's continued existence than any of the examples above, and it was United (they were struggling in the second division at the time and had little clout), who came crawling to City in asking us to join forces in lobbying the football league to get newly admitted Manchester Central FC booted out of the league. Even as a non-league club immediately prior to their admittance into the league, Central were pulling in crowds similar to United and in one round of fixtures I think they even got more than them. The joint protest from United and City was successful and Central were expelled from the league and ultimately driven out of business. Without City's help on that one, it's unlikely United alone would've been able to persuade the league to come to that decision.

We've really fucked up in the history stakes with the rags over the years.

Never ever give a sucker an even break as was once said.

Paul Ince - sounds like a scouser Pmsl

Consigned to history spouting

Paul Ince is a joke, he was a big time Charlie who despite being no Lenny McClean referred to himself as the Guv'nor. He was shown the door by GPC due to his arrogance and through believing he was bigger than the club. He was a crap manager and has now joined that army of legends like Blackmore, Thomas and Robson who just spout what they are told too. The rag PR propoganda machine will be in overdrive this week with plenty of former players claiming he went to them due to prestige.

It enrages me when I read of a so-called celebrity referring to his/her "beloved Man United", when they have no local or regional affiliation whatsoever, just an unthinking adherence to a brand that is perceived as cool, much as they would buy ridiculously expensive designer gear, handbags, etc. (Though why that lot are seen as "cool", I've no idea.)
Just off the top of my head, I can think (if I must) of Rory McIlroy, Olly Murs, Angus Deayton, Rachel Riley, James Nesbitt, Fatty Holmes, Nick Robinson, Zoe Ball, and probably more whose names escape me just now.
I realise of course that what this does reveal is how little the above really understand about football.

Preparing to see all the fuckwit " fans " wearing the Sharp shirts now that Sanchez has signed for them.

Biggest set of cnuts in the world and so predictable.

It enrages me when I read of a so-called celebrity referring to his/her "beloved Man United", when they have no local or regional affiliation whatsoever, just an unthinking adherence to a brand that is perceived as cool, much as they would buy ridiculously expensive designer gear, handbags, etc. (Though why that lot are seen as "cool", I've no idea.)
Just off the top of my head, I can think (if I must) of Rory McIlroy, Olly Murs, Angus Deayton, Rachel Riley, James Nesbitt, Fatty Holmes, Nick Robinson, Zoe Ball, and probably more whose names escape me just now.
I realise of course that what this does reveal is how little the above really understand about football.
Oh please show some respect,Fatty Holmes OBE, is that old bastard eamonn should be FBE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.