Lukas Nmecha

Couldnt think of a worse destination.

I guess its not ideal in terms of their football and their league position but looking at the positive....he should get good game time against decent opposition.

Was my initial reaction also.

But thinking about it a little more, could be a decent opportunity for him. It's only half a season, so its not like he's going to miss out on a full year of development if it goes tits up. The only senior striker at the moment they have is Duncan Watmore, so i suspect he'd go straight into the team. They're already heading for relegation, so there's nothing much to lose either (no-one would blame him), however if he scores a few vital goals he can basically help turn their season around - massive confidence and reputation boost.

Almost like a free hit for him.

I’m sure he would but that club is an absolute shambles ran by people with no idea. Wouldn’t want our bright prospect brought down by all the negativity.

Chris Coleman is good at trusting and playing young players too, it's about all he's good at. So he should play and that's what he needs most.

I do echo the worries about Sunderland though, Gus Poyet said a while back that the club was rotten to it's core, and everything you hear about it backs him up. Players who don't give a shit on huge wages, drinking culture from the 80s, an owner who has no interest and a guaranteed relegation in May. Let's hope Nmecha doesn't get influenced by it instead thinks "Fuck I don't want to end up at a place like this permanently."

No idea what you're on about. He's more than ready physically to play first team football somewhere.
Don't get me wrong, for his age he's a big lad. But I was still shocked at how much weaker he looked in the Leicester match against older players. It'll come, in time and with some extra leg sessions.

Don't get me wrong, for his age he's a big lad. But I was still shocked at how much weaker he looked in the Leicester match against older players. It'll come, in time and with some extra leg sessions.

Shocked? Really?! He looked nervous and apprehensive perhaps, but not weaker. He's considerably stronger than Zincheko for example. When you're nervous your balance goes, you're taken by surprise etc. Thus easier to push. He definitely isn't weak. He's a unit. Seen him hold off some huge CBs.

Edit- here's a neutral clip of his touches.

There is literally nothing shocking there about a lack of strength. A couple of cynical fouls on him, but nothing else. You've got it totally wrong

I’m sure he would but that club is an absolute shambles ran by people with no idea. Wouldn’t want our bright prospect brought down by all the negativity.
This. The problem with sending young players on loan with clubs which don't share your playing/management philosophy (or in any job for that matter) is that bad habits die hard. Once you pick up those bad habits and/or a lack of confidence sets in it becomes a very tough road to get back up from.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.