Boubakary Soumare

I do think £30m is too much as it looks like we will have to develop a lot of his game ourselves, they just know players in that position are in short supply and have jacked the price up to try their luck. We should definitely try and bring the price down with some common sense, even at £15m they've made a tidy profit for not doing much at all.

Just looking at his transfermarkt page has convinced me even more that the price is too high, first off I thought he played for Lille but it looks as though it's the Lille B team he plays for. Ontop of that they got him for a free transfer in July... how do they justify asking so much? He's cost them next to nothing and that's no time at all to even begin to claim you've earned that kind of money in developing a player. This kind of thing is what's more damaging to football than the rich clubs, the clubs playing silly beggars with asking prices they don't deserve to the detriment of the players and the game itself.

Unless of course the £30m was made up the instant City were linked with him by some journaleeest(as they say in France according to some)?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/boubakary-soumare/profil/spieler/344605

Last edited:
35m for a player who has only 500 first team minutes in his career? What's wrong with giving an academy player a chance, in stead of buying an unexperienced 18 year old for an enormous transfer fee? Smith looks very good in the Fernandinho role for the EDS, would love to see him on the bench against Cardiff

He looks a prospect on the footage I’ve watched. Worth a punt if we can get price down.

When you look at where Lille B got him on a free transfer from(PSG B) and the fact that PSG are apparently desperate to keep hold of Claudio Gomes who we could get for a small fee since he hasn't signed a contract, I think I'd prefer that we get that Gomes lad.

When you look at where Lille B got him on a free transfer from(PSG B) and the fact that they are apparently desperate to keep hold of Claudio Gomes who we could get for a small fee since he hasn't signed a contract, I think I'd prefer that we get that Gomes lad.
Gomes would probably be 30m less as well

Watched videos of him and whilst he does many things well, it looks like his passing is not too great? Not for me at that price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.