Boubakary Soumare

I know nothing of him, but that transfermarkt link has,in comparable players, one Phil Foden - makes more sense to use him perhaps? Also Boubakary is valued at 7.5m€ on there...
He's of Yaya's size mate, different player. Incomparable to the likes of Foden or Claudio Gomes. And plays as DM unlike Foden.

I do think £30m is too much as it looks like we will have to develop a lot of his game ourselves, they just know players in that position are in short supply and have jacked the price up to try their luck. We should definitely try and bring the price down with some common sense, even at £15m they've made a tidy profit for not doing much at all.

Just looking at his transfermarkt page has convinced me even more that the price is too high, first off I thought he played for Lille but it looks as though it's the Lille B team he plays for. Ontop of that they got him for a free transfer in July... how do they justify asking so much? He's cost them next to nothing and that's no time at all to even begin to claim you've earned that kind of money in developing a player. This kind of thing is what's more damaging to football than the rich clubs, the clubs playing silly beggars with asking prices they don't deserve to the detriment of the players and the game itself.

Unless of course the £30m was made up the instant City were linked with him by some journaleeest(as they say in France according to some)?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/boubakary-soumare/profil/spieler/344605

When you look at where Lille B got him on a free transfer from(PSG B) and the fact that PSG are apparently desperate to keep hold of Claudio Gomes who we could get for a small fee since he hasn't signed a contract, I think I'd prefer that we get that Gomes lad.

The kid is actually is in Lille’s first team since the managerial change and he’s been playing 90minutes a game pretty much all this month. Played today as well in the cup game they lost. Lille picked him up from PSG’s academy because just like Gomes PSG have a ton of youth with no pathway into the team, absolutely no plans. They’ve let go a ton of talent in recent windows who are doing well and they’ve made little to no money off of and that’s why they’re still struggling with FFP. They were desperate to hold on to Gomes because he’s one of the tops of the class, training with the first team and doing marketing stuff but didn’t do enough to convince him to staff. Pep must’ve given him the Gabriel Jesus pitch to turn his head.

Anyway back to Soumare I watched about 60 minutes of the cup game today and he’s got some decent range with his passes from a deep position and he’s able to push forward and hold off defenders when they get stuck on him. If he was actually bought by ya I would leave him at Lille for the rest of the season. They need money but can’t sign anyone.

So this kid, Fred, and Gomes...And we have Garcia and Luiz at Girona, not to mention the lads in the EDS. That is a whole lot of young talented DMs.

The kid is actually is in Lille’s first team since the managerial change and he’s been playing 90minutes a game pretty much all this month. Played today as well in the cup game they lost. Lille picked him up from PSG’s academy because just like Gomes PSG have a ton of youth with no pathway into the team, absolutely no plans. They’ve let go a ton of talent in recent windows who are doing well and they’ve made little to no money off of and that’s why they’re still struggling with FFP. They were desperate to hold on to Gomes because he’s one of the tops of the class, training with the first team and doing marketing stuff but didn’t do enough to convince him to staff. Pep must’ve given him the Gabriel Jesus pitch to turn his head.

Anyway back to Soumare I watched about 60 minutes of the cup game today and he’s got some decent range with his passes from a deep position and he’s able to push forward and hold off defenders when they get stuck on him. If he was actually bought by ya I would leave him at Lille for the rest of the season. They need money but can’t sign anyone.

So can this young Gomez lad be a part of the first team squad next season or is he more likely to be loaned out?

So can this young Gomez lad be a part of the first team squad next season or is he more likely to be loaned out?
Wilcox announced a change of empathizes on youth a couple of months ago, i believe it was about signing youth players with a view to them being ready for the squad physically , I think he will get the same game time as Bravo but from the EDS team thus expanding the squad

So this kid, Fred, and Gomes...And we have Garcia and Luiz at Girona, not to mention the lads in the EDS. That is a whole lot of young talented DMs.
I don’t think Aleix Garcia is going to make it. Unless he’s injured he’s not even making the bench some games. Only played about 10 games this year, started in about half of them. So far this Girona experiment has been frustrating to say the least, worse than when we loaned kids out to NYCFC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.