Mark E Smith

Back in the early 90’s I went to see them play at the Roxy in Los Angeles.
We were a bit early and waiting for the venue to open the doors and the tour bus is parked right out front.
Anyway, Courtney Love comes walking up and knocks on the coach door. One of the tour crew opens the door and is soon having a bit of an animated conversation with Mrs. Cobain, when all of a sudden you could hear the obvious voice of MES shouting from the back of the bus.
“What’s going on?” bellowed Mark.
“It’s Courtney Love, Mark” replied the roadie, “she wants to come onto the bus to say hello”
There was a brief silence before Mark shot back, “Tell her to fuck off”
And with that, Courtney’s head dropped and she skulked off into the night, with a handful of Fall fans pissing themselves, loudly.

Last edited:
Classic!
We were a bit early and waiting for the venue to open the doors and the tour bus is parked right out front.
Anyway, Courtney Love comes walking up and knocks on the coach door. One of the tour crew opens the door and is soon having a bit of an animated conversation with Mrs. Cobain, when all of a sudden you could hear the obvious voice of MES shouting from the back of the bus.
“It’s Courtney Love, Mark” replied the roadie, “she wants to come onto the bus to say hello”
And with that, Courtney’s head dropped and she skulked off into the night, with a handful of Fall fans pissing themselves, loudly.

Brilliant story. My mind might be playing tricks but I think there might be a version of this story in one of the books about The Fall.

I never got to see the Fall. The last gig I went to in Manchester before I moved to Canada was the rock against racism gig in the summer of 78.
They were supposed to play but didn't for some reason. I just missed them in Porto last year as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.