Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slowly becoming one of my favorite players, what a turnaround.

In 'football manager world' I'd swap him for some younger and faster left-footed defender (say, Umtiti). But since we're in a real world and Pep has suddenly turned Otamendi into Carles Puyol with passing ability, no. He has proved his capacity to learn and will probably become even better next season.

What's interesting, Puyol had the same (though less drastic) transformation under Pep: from 'almost finished' rotation player in 08 to almost flawless in 10-12.
Puyol was exactly the comparison I was thinking of.
Similar size, similar never say die attitude, miles better airly than their height suggests they should be. Not the fastest, Otters is a better passer than I remember Puyol as.

Terrible performance against Bristol City
You're being ironic, I take it. His usual excellent self tonight. One of the best footballers in the EPL, as he was in La Liga. Lucky to have him, and a big part of why we're so good this year.

He’s been a bit rash for a few games now. He didn’t really do that much wrong today, but I have noticed his excellent form has dipped a bit.

Playing next to Danilo didn't help. Was left mopping up a lot of space and he is all about the tight physical defending because he does not have the pace to drop off.

Our defence has been poor in general since Stones' has come back with last season's form and Delph has been injured.

Need to start being much more dominant at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.