Danilo - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was a risk worth taking. In a world cup year a 26yr old Brazilian would surely be motivated to perform. Inevitable not all transfers tear it up and I think he has been unlucky that our first 11 has played at an unbelievable level therefore limiting his chances. For me I still can't decide if he's any good. He seems to be a bit negative which maybe a lack of confidence from not playing - chicken and egg thingy. I suspect that he will move on if he remains a squad player - given his track record and age we should get a reasonable return - 15m plus.Who knows, he may have a role to play in the second half of the season. One things for certain, It will be very interesting to see how we accommodate Laporte, Stones and Otamendi when Mendy returns as well as Kyle - Pep will have plenty of options and it's very exciting seeing the average age of our team reduce so much in such a short space of time, we should be set for the next 5 years.

His off the ball movement is really good and is an asset to our attack. But his 1v1 defending seems like a weakness. Pretty rash and mistimed.

For someone who hasn’t had regular game time, he really does get forward into the final third; even in the dying embers of a game he’s one of the most attacking players we have on the break. Prone to the occasional ‘moment’ in defence, but he doesn’t hide away.

He is a better attacking fullback than Walker
He made a lot of good passes. The pass for Bernardo’s assist and the early free kick he took to put Sterling through was fantastic. Thinking about it, Sterling missed 2 one on ones.

He is a better attacking fullback than Walker
'Attacking' doesn't just mean providing a shooting option for our midfielders, so that's a no for me. Some of Walker's passes to Sterling or crossfield passes have initiated great attacks for us too. It's true that Danilo finds it relatively easy to overlap and get in a good position to finish, but still...

'Attacking' doesn't just mean providing a shooting option for our midfielders, so that's a no for me. Some of Walker's passes to Sterling or crossfield passes have initiated great attacks for us too. It's true that Danilo finds it relatively easy to overlap and get in a good position to finish, but still...
Yep. That's what I meant. He has a better understanding of movement and timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.