David Silva - official statement

When we win the league , he Deserves nothing more than to walk around with his son in one hand and the trophy in the other. I hope he lifts the trophy as captain to be honest

This sounds great. He deserves it. What is weird for me about this is I know a guy going through the same situation. His son was born 2 months premature. The poor fella has spent the entire time in hospital and my friend has been an emotional wreck. He had to leave his job just to spend time with his son. It can not be understated how difficult Silva's situation and he deserves enormous respect for playing for City and playing so well.

When (if) we lift the PL trophy I would love it if Vinny as club captain ordered Merlin to step up and lift the trophy

Vinny can lift the CL trophy

With every week that goes by - the little fella will be getting stronger - so hopefully the prognosis is getting better all the time. With all our thoughts and prayers let’s hope this all works out for David and his partner. This is so much more important than football. Hang in their little one and keep fighting - you have big (blue) boots to fill

My best wishes to David, his partner and their little fighter.

As others have said, with each day that passes, he will be growing and getting stronger. And he will be receiving the best medical attention, I’m sure.

My great niece was born two months early in August and she is now doing really well.

I'm curious, was David rested yesterday because he was sick? He was on the bench, so I don't know why he was not put on the pitch

Maybe they took the atmosphere into account & thought it was a bit to much for him. After the abuse the Liverpool fans gave Ederson for being drop kicked and booing him off the pitch I honestly wouldn't put it past that Scouse lot to give David some stick they are a horrible bunch.

David Silva has trained with his City teammates and is available to face West Brom tomorrow. [@10JoseAlvarez]

Makes sense. Give him the weekend off for the FA Cup match, and back for the league game.
I know Guardiola has said he's free to come and go as he chooses, but I would guess he'd want to play at least once a week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.