Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez! £50+ million replacement for injured Sané? That’s insane.

It would be a good coup mind you, and even when Sané comes back I don’t think Mahrez would drop immediately to the bench. Depending on form he could give either Sané or Sterling a run for their money.

If it’s true though that Mahrez has handed in a transfer request then I expect competition from Arsenal too
Not sure if it's true myself. I would do it. Rather have the player on the pitch than the money in the bank, and he'd be a dead cert to succeed meaning the money spent would soon be recouped.

I didn't want Sanchez because he was not good enough, Sanchez is. Indeed this illustrates the folly of buying a player like Sanchez because he is a pale imitation of mahrez, however not convinced we are in for him, despite what the media say.

we were in for sanchez who could potentially play across the front 3 positions, now we are going for what people.see as an a right winger.

This suggest Pep sees Sane and Sterling adapting to do the role Sanchez was wanted for long term with Mahrez covering their present positional areas, or thing Mahrez can do the same job..

In the end then we were after a forward this window and we have gone for one, but a younger one than sanchez.

Breaking News!

Mahrez driving to Manchester now.

Shades of.......

2018-01-30-18-11-27-.jpg

This feels like a bit of a panic buy....why leave it until the last day, if we were looking to add another forward/attacking player for the whole of the Jan window....feels like the last day of the summer transfer window when we put a late bid in and didnt sign Sanchez....Mahrez club have no time to find a replacement, which makes this deal even harder to do...

its not propaganda. when everyones fit mahrez will be second choice imo. who does he get ahead of ? sane and sterling when fit are better players. if diaz goes on loan and comes back he has the exact same problem at this year - no room on the bench and who does he replace ?

Sane and Sterling are better players on their day but sometimes lack consistency. This signing would improve everyone’s level. More competition = higher levels of motivation.

its not propaganda. when everyones fit mahrez will be second choice imo. who does he get ahead of ? sane and sterling when fit are better players. if diaz goes on loan and comes back he has the exact same problem at this year - no room on the bench and who does he replace ?

Sane and Sterling can't play 60 games a year. Mahrez is needed or at least another forward who can play Left & Right as cover. As of now we have Sterling, Aguero & B.Silva fit you only have to look at our bench the last few games to see we're bare boned. Our squad isn't as big as we all think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.