Bereavement

Lost my mum to cancer on tge 29th december.
She was 54.
Dont know how to put into how hard it is.
Time helps apparently
It does help. My dad had a heart attack aged 53. I was the first to know. I had to go and tell my mum at work, then my sister, then my uncle. At the time my daughter was 3 months from being born. It was horrible to say the least but almost 10 years on the pain is so much less.

So sorry about the loss of your mum. The pain eventually lessens and you hold tighter onto the wonderful memories. Remember, the love and special times will be with you always.

Sorry to hear about your mum OP, my mum would have been 90 last Monday and it hit me very hard as been really ill myself recently and missed her when I go to hospital or GP.

Also lost a good friend last week, a friend lost his dad and another friend lost his mum and one of my best friend diagnosed with MS think just brought it all home and been a tough few days

I laugh at times and cry at times you will do the same and no harm in either

If you need to chat PM me

I am so sorry for your loss and if i am honest i needed this thread. Death scares me like nothing else. The idea my family will leave me is incomprehensible to me. I lost a gran and grandad in my teens, that is it. I can fix engines and stuff, but i can't fix that. I admit if i could pause time now and all my family would live forever i'd do it.

I only just saw my mum after 15 years the other week as i had a "colourful" upbringing shall we say. Now i am desperate to bring the family back together and spend as much time with my parents as i can. I am buying a huge holiday home for the summer so all my family can come because i have no idea how long mum and dad will be around.

R.I.P to your mother PinkFinal

A sad thread and condolences to the op. Made me think as my mum is 70 odd and not in good health and I have not spoken to her in 4 years. Maybe time to make amends even if I have never got her.

Scary to see my old man getting older. He said to me today if we do the domestic treble I can die happy! Never been a bigger blue than him. Time to think.

I lost my Dad, my hero last year. I can't even begin to describe the pain, the enormous hole in my life that his passing has left.

He collapsed following a heart attack and suffered extensive brain damage rendering him effectively brain dead, a state he would not have wished on his worst enemy. We watched him slip slowly, painfully away from us over two horrendous never ending weeks.

I had time to say goodbye and although he showed no response, I believe that he heard me. I told him that I was ready for him to go and while I meant it at the time, the truth is that I struggle every day without him.

He was a colossus of a man, an engineer of repute. No practical task was beyond him, no subject beyond his understanding. He lived for his family and will always be the benchmark against which all other men are measured. But yet he was kind and simple in his approach to life. He grafted hard to provide for us and to allow us the opportunities he did not have himself.

I hope that others who have posted before me are right and that time will dim the pain; allow me to remember and celebrate the good times. But until then I'm just shocked by the sheer scale of my loss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.