Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

........but true!
@The Light Was Yellow Sir Indeed.

Algeria aren't in Russia this summer so it's not like his value will shoot up if he has a great tournament, if that's what Leicester are thinking. They aren't going to be in relegation trouble and not in touching distance of a top 4 place. Likeliest outcome is getting 7th place and a Europa League spot. They've little to gain by keeping him.
Apart from keeping their best player...

So now you're a mind-reader? I'm thinking that putting in a transfer request is fine but if he is refusing to honour his contract then he's a twat, same as I thought of Tevez when he fucked off for 6 months.
He's been kept at Leicester beyond his will for more than a season now. If the player doesn't want to play for the club then what can you do? He's been performing brilliantly for Leicester since the window in August- he just thinks its probably now or never to get a move to City for him.

Algeria aren't in Russia this summer so it's not like his value will shoot up if he has a great tournament, if that's what Leicester are thinking. They aren't going to be in relegation trouble and not in touching distance of a top 4 place. Likeliest outcome is getting 7th place and a Europa League spot. They've little to gain by keeping him.

If he wants out and it has been said many times by those in the know that he does want out then there is no point in keeping him.

We are not privy to whether the club previously agreed that if someone was to meet or go close to their valuation they would let him leave if he was happy to go to that club.

Does anybody actually know if he has put in a transfer request?

History shows every time this occurs then its highly likely the player will be off in that window or the next.

Otherwise its a ploy by the player ala Rooney to get a better deal on their next contract.

In normal circumstances he would already be in a different shade of blue but as we are City like a number of clubs Leicester will hold out for a larger fee as to get a replacement of similar ilk not that will get one in this window on deadline day they will have to fork a large fee themselves.

Personally I would be surprised if this deal went ahead and I am predicting it won't but lets see as their is still 11 hours or so left to negotiate.

Oooooh I like the guess the transfer fee game. Lets see we bid 45m the sun reports Leicester want 100m split the differnce 72.5m.

I reckon 60m plus 10m easy add ons.

For us Mahrez is the difference between catching Arsenal in 6th and finishing 13/14th... when you have £2m+ in prize money per place, a winnable FA Cup game next, a real possibility of Europe. His sale and no time to get any decent replacement could quite possibly cost us £20m+.

So whilst we might not have as much to play for as you, we stand to lose a huge chunk of cash. So any bid needs to cover out potential fall in income as well as matching what he's worth as a player. That's why £55m doesn't look a good deal for us in any shape or form. Whether we'd ever get a bid that high again makes no difference right now.
You won't be finishing 13/14th. just because Mahrez leaves. Nor will you be catching Arsenal. 7th is your highest finish & 9th your most likely lowest finish so that's £4-5m. £60m plus add-ons, taking it up to potentially £80m if we win the CL twice in the next 5 years would be a decent deal for both parties.

I don't think Mahrez will be putting much of a shift in if they hold his career up, given the reasonbale amounts being bandied about and after all he's done for them.
I'm not so sure. He came for peanuts and they built a team around and including him that won the fucking league, let's not forget. Hardly a career hold-up. I understand we think a move to us is a step-up, and it would almost certainly mean he'd be fighting for cups and titles more regularly than if he were to stay at Leicester, but I think he'd soon come back round and knuckle down if he doesn't get this move. Only my opinion mind.

I'd say 60m + 15m add ons if rags give us a guard of honor at the Etihad. We need to win all our ties and they need to lose two. Would be worth every penny wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.