Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seen thread as just out of meeting but assume this will get done? Seems if we are only £5mil apart and it’s only early afternoon, then surely this is media bollocks and we will get it over the line?

Into another meeting now so thanks in advance if someone can reply and let me know where we are up to?

Only media speculation Rammy but apparently negotiations continue.

For me the key is whether Leicester want a replacement having lost another forward on loan to Newcastle.

If they were as swift as Roma move the deal would definitely be on.

I dont think you guys are playing hard ball, rather its the replacement issue; dont think Puel is overly keen on letting a player go without a decent replacement.

Money isnt the issue.
A big issue is that we got stung with Kante and a few other deals and the club and the DOF learnt some harsh lessons. The DOF has gone from a soft pushover to someone who is determined to not get shafted again, he dug his heels in massively with Chelsea when they wanted Drinkwater. So much so that we failed to get the Silva deal through on time as he was not letting Drinkwater go for less than what we thought he was worth, not leaving us the time to get Silva done.

Money certainly not the only factor, but peoples egos within the club could play a part.

What I dont get is if City know what Tolmie does and that Leicester will take £70 m (what he said but £65 = addons maybe) why they would slightly up the offer to £60 m with almost no time left.

It would have to be nearer what they know Leicester would take.

This is a couple of hours from being impossible. You cannot keep toing and froing unless this is an act and its all done. Which seems less likely now.

That very specific £62 plus add ons supposedly itk post sounds more plausible.
Wow wow wow don't call me a an ITK - I can't handle the abuse lol

Guess it depends on whether it hinges on a replacement big found as that is getting hard to see unless City have a youth forward they will loan until Summer that might benefit both teams, as suggested earlier.
I think it's probably done and dusted, and that City are helping Leicester, by saying nothing, so they don't get rinsed if they want to sign someone else. It would be how we would do it imho.

If true JFDI Blues, an extra £5M can easily be fudged.
Dunno mate, it's deadline day bollocks. I'm not getting twisted about it, & I'll believe it's done when I see him holding the shirt.

If we started at £40m and they started at £90m (according to differing reports), I reckon £65m is a price everyone can swallow and would represent a £64,600,000.00 profit for Leicester. However, I get their point about how much it would cost to replace him, but I personally wouldn't want to cling on to a player who was desperate to leave. I'd get as much as I could for him & move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.