i heard SIlva is fit for the weekend

Ederson
walker (ota/kompany) Laporte Zinc
(ferna/stones)
Bernado KDB (Gundo/Silva) sterling
Aguero

0 - 4 City

No Silva ( likely ) , No Sane , No Jesus , No Delph , No Mendy , BUT wait

No Tarkovski , No Defour , No Marney, No Wood, No Brady , No Heaton , No Ward ( likely ).

You can't underestimate how much Burnley miss no names like Ward , Brady , Wood , Defour and Tarkovski.

They are the worst team form wise in the league have secured 4 points from a possible 24 and its no wonder they have nose dived scoring 4 goals in that spell including 2 against Manure.

I would be content with a point in terms of the title drive but they will miss these players more than we will miss ours.

If we played a back three, with Danilo and Zinchenko wide, that would allow the middle CB to step into the DM position, because they aren’t going to be playing 3 up front!

However, I’m not sure if anyone saw it or not, but Laporte wanted to come of in about the 92nd minute. Might have been a bit of cramp, or maybe a knock, but he stayed on.

Also, I heard Stones was just ill, so there’s a good chance he’ll be fine by weekend. If so, I might play him on the right side of the three and put Vinny in the CCB/DM position, giving Ota a rest. That’d be Ota, Fernandinho and Silva all being rested, with KDB hopefully only playing 60 mins max!

BTW, Ota is usually statistically our best passer, so maybe DM/pivot wouldn’t hurt him for a game or two.

We need to do WHATEVER WE HAVE TO, to keep Fernandinho fit and not banned until the League is sown up, and we had better have made a deal for Fred in the summer with Shakhtar, or whomever else we have picked out to give Fernandinho some relief!

..................Ederson
.........Kompany..Ota..Laporte
Danilo..............................Zinchenko
.........KDB...........Gündogan
Bernardo....Aguero.......Sterling

At the first chance to get KDB off the field, I’d move Bernardo into that slot, switch Sterling onto the right wing, and bring Diaz onto the left. And, if we were 2-0 up with 15-20 mins to go, I’d have Nmecha on for Aguero, because he has been putting in some serious shifts the past month, and before recently, he was a sicknote waiting to happen.

While I’d love to win every game from now until forever, if we could rest some players, or at least only give them half a game or so and not not win at Burnley, I wouldn’t mind one bit. It may be one of the hardest places, and crummiest playing surfaces. in the League to play and today’s results have given us the luxury of dropping a few points this weekend and still being AT LEAST 12 pts plus GD ahead of our closest rivals with 12 to go.

anyone have any advice about parking near the ground?

My first time to Turf Moor so any tips would be appreciated..?

If we played a back three, with Danilo and Zinchenko wide, that would allow the middle CB to step into the DM position, because they aren’t going to be playing 3 up front!

However, I’m not sure if anyone saw it or not, but Laporte wanted to come of in about the 92nd minute. Might have been a bit of cramp, or maybe a knock, but he stayed on.

Also, I heard Stones was just ill, so there’s a good chance he’ll be fine by weekend. If so, I might play him on the right side of the three and put Vinny in the CCB/DM position, giving Ota a rest. That’d be Ota, Fernandinho and Silva all being rested, with KDB hopefully only playing 60 mins max!

BTW, Ota is usually statistically our best passer, so maybe DM/pivot wouldn’t hurt him for a game or two.

We need to do WHATEVER WE HAVE TO, to keep Fernandinho fit and not banned until the League is sown up, and we had better have made a deal for Fred in the summer with Shakhtar, or whomever else we have picked out to give Fernandinho some relief!

At the first chance to get KDB off the field, I’d move Bernardo into that slot, switch Sterling onto the right wing, and bring Diaz onto the left. And, if we were 2-0 up with 15-20 mins to go, I’d have Nmecha on for Aguero, because he has been putting in some serious shifts the past month, and before recently, he was a sicknote waiting to happen.

While I’d love to win every game from now until forever, if we could rest some players, or at least only give them half a game or so and not not win at Burnley, I wouldn’t mind one bit. It may be one of the hardest places, and crummiest playing surfaces. in the League to play and today’s results have given us the luxury of dropping a few points this weekend and still being AT LEAST 12 pts plus GD ahead of our closest rivals with 12 to go.
We won't rest anybody for this. The next two games are the most important of the season to date . Win them and we are almost within touching distance and the chasing pack will give up although I think they have already. We then turn our attention to the cups and see where we are at the end of the month.

We won't rest anybody for this. The next two games are the most important of the season to date . Win them and we are almost within touching distance and the chasing pack will give up although I think they have already. We then turn our attention to the cups and see where we are at the end of the month.
I completely understand your sentiments, and being 18pts clear before everyone else plays is a devastating psychological blow to the chasing pack, but I am sooo concerned that we can’t stand long term injuries to Fernandinho or KDB, and a hamstring or a knee tweak, or even just a rolled ankle, can be a month, six weeks or even longer for these thoroughbreds.

Surely it's logical to get it won, move on and then rotate rather than your suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.