Leon Bailey

We discussed the fact that Bailey would not be at Leverkusen for long in the Bundesliga thread a few days ago.

He looked impressive (on the basis of highlights) in Europa League games for Genk from what I saw, and earned a move to Leverkusen 12 months ago. Wasn't overly impressive for them to begin with, but started to show glimpses towards the end of last season. Really seems to have kicked on this season, with several impressive goals displaying a wide variety of technique and ability (rather than just being quick and running on to balls over the top).

Still a bit of rough diamond but the talent is pretty evident. He would represent a better long term investment than Mahrez in my opinion, but I suspect he will be highly sought after in the summer, and very expensive as a result.

Yep, in the summer window thread I posted that I'd be happy with Fred and Bailey.

Not only have we got City players in Bluemoon, turns out Pep and Txiki also read this forum. It can only mean that I have successfully convinced them on who to buy. You're welcome Pep.

If we're raiding the Bundesliga, I prefer we go for Marcel Sabitzer. Much better fit than Bailey right now IMO. But then Bailey is 3 years younger so...

I watched 4 games so far and don't think he would make the starting 11 stronger, he isn't any better than Sane/Raz. Bailey's technique doesn't really impress me, think City could do better (Kluivert, Mahrez or Saint-Maximin suggested by @Dax777 are more skilled options). Depends on the type of player Pep wants to get though, maybe he'd fancy powerful speedy wingers (Sane+Bailey) on both sides.
Just my opinion.
I think Bailey is on a purple patch myself. Too many magical stuff that aren't a function of consistently repeatable acts.

But regardless Kluviert is way more cultured and Maximin is 2ice the dribbler. So whichever way Pep is leaning, there is a better option in my opinion.

Yep, in the summer window thread I posted that I'd be happy with Fred and Bailey.

Not only have we got City players in Bluemoon, turns out Pep and Txiki also read this forum. It can only mean that I have successfully convinced them on who to buy. You're welcome Pep.
On another note, hope we don't telegraph our future needs like we did the summer we got Mangala and Fernado.

As we tried getting both in December, and failed. Then went back blindfolded the following summer rather than reevaluating our needs.

Let's not fixate on Fred and Mahrez ( or Bailey as the case may be).

Let the season play out. We'd know what we need after a review at the end of the season. But I do admit it looks like a DM and FWD are the likely needs but we never know.

I think Bailey is on a purple patch myself. Too many magical stuff that aren't a function of consistently repeatable acts.

But regardless Kluviert is way more cultured and Maximin is 2ice the dribbler. So whichever way Pep is leaning, there is a better option in my opinion.
Besides, Pep's interest in Mahrez shows that he wants to add a player with the abillity to play 'inside', dribbling and combining. Bailey is clearly an 'outside' player, he won't impove our ability to break buses. No need for another, worse version of Sane.

On another note, hope we don't telegraph our future needs like we did the summer we got Mangala and Fernado.

As we tried getting both in December, and failed. Then went back blindfolded the following summer rather than reevaluating our needs.
Not to sure that telegraphing our needs was the problem there, more just poor scouting. We pretty much telegraphed our needs last season over Walker Ederson and Mendy.

Leverkusen has set their asking price at £44m (€50m) according to bild. If we could get him for 44m, that would be less than half the price Leicester were asking for Mahrez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.