Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker was getting visibly upset with him near the end of the game. Clueless with the ball.

Maybe Walker should learn how to defend and not play everyone onside instead of criticizing a legends passing who hasn't had a run in the team

Vinny looked as he did against Cardiff: sluggish, indecisive, and error-prone.

And Burnley saw that as toward the end anytime Vinny was given the ball they backed off and covered everyone else as they knew he would doddle with it and then eventually either make a bad pass to give away possession (three or four by my count) or lay it off to Nico or Eddie. His defending was shoddy, as well, needlessly giving away a few chances in our own third.

I don’t care if I get lambasted for saying this: Vinny now severly stunts our play, which we cannot afford given how degraded we are from injury and fatigue across the squad

Walker was getting visibly upset with him near the end of the game. Clueless with the ball.

Walker cost us 2 points as he was too busy watching the ball to notice someone running behind him.. Also seems to have a shit moment defensively almost every game. The goal, slipping on his arse vs Lennon and playing Mee onside being todays examples

A bit mean. Thought he played well today. Got to feel for him as you can tell he looks psychologically damaged by his fear of injury. I do agree I think he’s now unfortunately our fourth choice centre half now.

To be honest, I think his constant injuries have saved him from being outed as not nearly comfortable enough with the ball to play for a Pep side. He's not looked confident with the ball at his feet in a long, long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.