Towns with the weirdest people

I used to go out with a girl from Ipswich, and on the whole I would say the people from there were all a bit backwards.

kidCQy7.png
I resemble that remark!!

Yep, you've just reminded me of Leek, another strange town, in fact there's a few in that Staffordshire/Derbyshire area.
In my student days I lived in a house in Whalley Range. Late 80's and this lad lived in the house who was from Leek.
He just hanged around with a group of around 6-8 others who had also moved from Leek and no one else. It was like mini Leek. Went to a party and tried koping off with one of the girls but no chance. She was reserved for a Leekite or whatever you call someone from Leek. They were strange fuckers

My nomination is Leigh. Only been there once so my impression of the place may not be a true reflection of the town. A friend of mine had organised a gig at a pub in the town by Puressence and me and a few other friends were on the guest list. I met up with my other friends iirc it was Wetherspoons in the town centre around 7pm. We'd not been in there 10 minutes when there was a massive kick off between a group of half a dozen locals. The dibble came and sorted it out. I said to my friends I'll nip over the road to the pub to see my mate and organise my group of friends entry on the guest list. As I was crossing the road,the lights changed from red to green,a car with 2 lads in started sounding their horn and the driver screaming abuse at me while his passenger was doing the slitting motion across his throat. Just because I was halfway accross the road when the lights changed and halted their progress by 2 seconds! With a bit of luck I may never have to go to Leigh ever again. :-/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.