Brahim Diaz - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting point with Diaz, is now that he is in the structured training control of the 1st team squad, where day to day training is very much set by the training staff and where our mode of operation seems based on quick passing or defence cutting balls into space for speedy overlaps from Sane/Walker etc, is he getting enough time to even practise his dribbling techniques and, even if so, do they match our style of play?

When we see City play now it's interesting that City's best efforts at beating opposition defences are sweeping attacks on the break or quick 1-2's or flicks and back heels against defences that have got everyone back; not a player attempting to dribble. Time and time again do we already see Aguero, Gundogan or Sterling dispossessed when they loose momentum and turn inside looking for their favoured foot etc. In the games I've seen Diaz excel at in the Academy, have been where he has been more central and started his run or dribble deeper, whilst his team mates dragged opposition players away. Yesterday he got stuck out wide and it was clear his dribbling looked stale and his alternative of knocking it past a player and beating him for pace is not there.

Also a point to note is the most similar player to Diaz at the club is Patrick Roberts and Pep clearly isn't sure he can cut it here due to lack of pace and core physical strength.

He certainly seemed happy to keep possession and just pass rather then attempt to make the difference.

He was not the only one.

I actually think it was the wrong decision despite the miss. I would have possibly took off Gunda or Silva and swapped the players about a bit.

However, hard to know the full reasons for all subs and Sterling is an extremely important player for us at the moment.

Pep must feel incredibly frustrated, he hoped for Sanchez or Mahrez to strengthen the squad, we are depleted with injuries to key players and we were very wasteful with multiple finishes.

Then Diaz who has looked promising in small cameos, didn't gel with his team mates as well as hoped. In hindsight, the miss and subsequent substitution of Sterling, seemed to leave us less dangerous, and gave Burnley a belief that they could get something from the game.

Diaz hopefully will come good, he probably needs more time on the training ground, or in the first team when we've a stronger lead. He's no Sanchez or Mahrez yet.

Pep must feel incredibly frustrated, he hoped for Sanchez or Mahrez to strengthen the squad, we are depleted with injuries to key players and we were very wasteful with multiple finishes.

Then Diaz who has looked promising in small cameos, didn't gel with his team mates as well as hoped. In hindsight, the miss and subsequent substitution of Sterling, seemed to leave us less dangerous, and gave Burnley a belief that they could get something from the game.

Diaz hopefully will come good, he probably needs more time on the training ground, or in the first team when we've a stronger lead. He's no Sanchez or Mahrez yet.

He’s also no winger. Much better suited to playing centrally

I don't think he's physically ready for the PL yet, the sub yesterday made no sense as it was clear he wasn't going to have a major impact in that kind of game.

I think Pep just had enough of Raheem.

I think he will be regretting that a little considering that once Burnley scored they went for the winner leaving space for Raheem to exploit with his pace.

Yes I'd like to have seen him playing just off Sergio in situations like yesterday where we're chasing a goal.
I hope Pep will try Brahim or Nmecha upfront sometime. Aguero is a legend and I love him, but Brahim or Nmecha could not have done any worse than Sergio yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.