It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice Delph seems a popular selection as left back cover for next season. I think he's acquitted himself well to the role but at times he has shown a few defensive frailties. Likewise Zinchenko has shown a few defensive frailties but I love his quick one touch passing that really helps our tempo. Zinchenko is young, can get better and is less prone to injuries than Delph. If it was me I'd be having Zinchenko as the 2nd leftback next season.
Zinchenko isn't homegrown though

Muric the third choice keeper now qualifies as homegrown.
What has that got to do with anything? I'm saying Delph might be a more attractive prospect as a back-up left back as he is homegrown (and therefore could have another different foreign player in the squad).

LB does make sense to get an upgrade, which may seem harsh on Delph but is the way it is at the top.

Aguero I see staying, just no obvious destination for him as he wants to be back in Argentina in a couple of years. Possibly Athletico if some deal could be done with Greizman but he does seem Barca bound.

I'd keep the keepers if possible (Bravo might want to leave)
Defence, Walker, Maffeo (but possibly loaned out), Danilio, Kompany, Ota, Stones, Laporte, Mendy, Bertrand (?)
Midfield, Ferndinho, Fred (?), Silva, Silva, KDB, Gunda, Foden
Attack, Sterling, Sane, Aguero, Jesus, Diaz, (?)

Delph played big part in our best run of wins in the history of this club but once he got injured everyone forgetting him and willing to replace him.

I know his injury record is bad, but this season he was fitter than half of the squad.

Delph played big part in our best run of wins in the history of this club but once he got injured everyone forgetting him and willing to replace him.

I know his injury record is bad, but this season he was fitter than half of the squad.

This has nothing to do with the a
Fact that he cant attack!

We have 2 back up left backs ..

Delph defends well and cant attack

Zinchenko can attack but cant defend well ..

Im in favour of Zinchenko because he can get better at defending ..

Delph helped the team massively this season sure .. but when in the team is in possession .. hes an average player!

A more complete back up left back is needed .. someone like Danilo with a left foot!

This has nothing to do with the a
Fact that he cant attack!

We have 2 back up left backs ..

Delph defends well and cant attack

Zinchenko can attack but cant defend well ..

Im in favour of Zinchenko because he can get better at defending ..

Delph helped the team massively this season sure .. but when in the team is in possession .. hes an average player!

A more complete back up left back is needed .. someone like Danilo with a left foot!
Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.