How many points to win the league?

Without tempting fate, if we were to win the league this season before the last home game would the trophy be presented then or would it be away against Southampton on the final day?

6 more wins will put us on 86 points, if one of them wins is against the rags then the most they can achieve is 89 points. However I have a feeling it will all be over by the time we play them.
Agreed mate just trying to put the lead into context. It’s huge.

Now before anyone starts I know we have never had it so good but part of me just wants this league over and enough points in the bag to have it done.

When we have done it in the past like the aguero year it seemed less stressful chasing than being in the lead and with such expectations.

Here I am at 12.15 at night doing bbc predictors to see possible permitatioms of results. Also if and when we get the league in the bag - for me any champions league progress is simply a bonus.

Don’t get stressed about that at all.

Hurry up and win it city! Can’t wait to sit and relax. Feel the title obsession has taken over my life. It was not this stressful under Pearce!

There’s this little shred of doubt (dread) where you think if we didn’t win it from here it would be the biggest kick in the bollocks ever. But then you tell yourself to get a grip as really you know it isn’t going to happen

It would be 100 times more stressful if we were 3 points ahead and not 13!!

I agree it is stressful WW can’t wait for the league to be sorted. I would love us to win the CL for our owners, Pep, and our present team. Also think we would be more accepted and young world class talent would be more keen to come here.

I'm 57 and I have found supporting City all these years has never been anything less than stressful. From our darkest days to now there's a part of me that cannot relax. Oh how I'd love to be able to bask in the glory of quiet satisfaction. I suppose I'm a born worrier!

A little. We deserve to win the PL and I think we will.
However doubt is part of lot of city fans dna which is hard to shift.
If we don't win it a lot of questions will be asked like did we burn ourselves out and succumbed to exhaustion with not enough players? Mahrez would have been good.

However fwiw I think we will win the PL and 1 other. The CL may be just out of reach but who knows?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.