It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we don't sign any player in the summer and just rely on our youngsters as follow:

1- Maffeo
2- Manu Garcia
3- Roberts
4- Douglas Luiz
5- Aleix Garcia
6- Tosin

We should let those guys start every cup game ( Carabo & FA ) and let the big players focus on the League & CL.

Maffeo would be great if Danilo wants to go in the summer. If not, send him out to somewhere like Brighton or Newcastle (if they stay up) for a season and move Danilo on the summer after that.

Manu Garcia- looks like the attacking midfield positions are fully booked for now. Foden is struggling for minutes when fully fit and I'd imagine the club will priorities him over Manu. Hope to see him make it in La Liga though.

For me, Roberts' chances at City (which were already slim) disappeared when he forced a move back to Celtic instead of somewhere like Southampton (assuming that's what actually happened, Pep's never confirmed it AFAIK).

Douglas Luiz will hopefully go for a profit at some point, as will Aleix, but I don't think either will get a chance here. Sad because I think A. García is possibly the best talent this academy has produced for the last five years (unless I'm forgetting someone obvious).

Tosin has almost no chance here, and he knows it. Sad, but buying Laporte was a good sign that we're not going to trust him.

That`s true, but Douglas Luiz has looked very bad for Girona when I have seen him. His positioning is not great, and it looks like he doesn´t understand where to run when he doesn`t have the ball. Has a LONG way to go to get into our first team

We have scouts, Pep & Txiki who approved this purchase from Brazil for 12million pound, he cant be this bad !

Quite looking forward to the pre season rather than the transfer merry-go-round. Have the feeling that a great number of the loan players will be recalled and given plenty time to impress the management, be it in training or games, especially as most first-team players will either be on international duty or resting. For many of these youngsters it will be their chance to shine.

Quite looking forward to the pre season rather than the transfer merry-go-round. Have the feeling that a great number of the loan players will be recalled and given plenty time to impress the management, be it in training or games, especially as most first-team players will either be on international duty or resting. For many of these youngsters it will be their chance to shine.
When are we playing our pre season games? I would love to see Gunn, Maffeo, Angelino, Manu Garcia, Foden, Diaz, Nmecha and maybe Latibeaudiere and Eric Garcia. I think the two latter is more likely to make our first team than Tosin.

I don't think we need a lot this summer, which means we should be able to focus on quality rather than quantity in terms of how we spend. We could even possibly need as little as two new signings - a centre mid to replace Toure and ease the burden on Fernandinho, and a forward who can preferably play anywhere across the front three. That’s assuming that Aguero, Kompany and Bravo all stay, which isn’t a given.

If we assume the CM is Fred, at a cost of circa £50m that’d leave us a decent budget to go after a top drawer marquee forward, like Hazard. All hypothetical at the moment, of course, but it’d leave us with an extremely strong squad:

GKs: Ederson, Bravo, Muric
RB: Walker, Danilo
LB: Mendy, Delph
CB: Otamendi, Stones, Laporte, Kompany
Mid: Fernandinho, Fred?, Gundogan, D Silva, De Bruyne, B Silva
Forwards: Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Sterling, A.N. Other

That’d give us virtually two senior players for every position, with the likes of Zinchenko, Foden, Diaz and Adarabioyo to pad out the squad. Plus you’ve got loanees like Maffeo, Angelino, Gunn etc who could come into consideration too.

I don't think we need a lot this summer, which means we should be able to focus on quality rather than quantity in terms of how we spend. We could even possibly need as little as two new signings - a centre mid to replace Toure and ease the burden on Fernandinho, and a forward who can preferably play anywhere across the front three. That’s assuming that Aguero, Kompany and Bravo all stay, which isn’t a given.

If we assume the CM is Fred, at a cost of circa £50m that’d leave us a decent budget to go after a top drawer marquee forward, like Hazard. All hypothetical at the moment, of course, but it’d leave us with an extremely strong squad:

That’d give us virtually two senior players for every position, with the likes of Zinchenko, Foden, Diaz and Adarabioyo to pad out the squad. Plus you’ve got loanees like Maffeo, Angelino, Gunn etc who could come into consideration too.
Couldn’t have said it better myself.

What is also a bonus is that, assuming Fred is “in the bag”, we don’t have to be trawling though mountains of players for multiple positions, dealing with loads of clubs etc etc- we can simply focus on a shortlist that will probably have 4/5 players on it. Hazard would awesome but sure there are plenty of others like Griezmann that could come into contention.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

What is also a bonus is that, assuming Fred is “in the bag”, we don’t have to be trawling though mountains of players for multiple positions, dealing with loads of clubs etc etc- we can simply focus on a shortlist that will probably have 4/5 players on it. Hazard would awesome but sure there are plenty of others like Griezmann that could come into contention.

Griezmann could be the easier deal to do, as he has a release clause of €100m next summer. Stiff competition from Barca though, and don’t think he’s as good as Hazard.

Griezmann could be the easier deal to do, as he has a release clause of €100m next summer. Stiff competition from Barca though, and don’t think he’s as good as Hazard.
It’d be a bit if a dull summer if we just went for Mahrez to add to Fred, lol.

Dybala

When are we playing our pre season games? I would love to see Gunn, Maffeo, Angelino, Manu Garcia, Foden, Diaz, Nmecha and maybe Latibeaudiere and Eric Garcia. I think the two latter is more likely to make our first team than Tosin.

I don’t know, but I put myself through one of Guardiola’s press conferences the other week, and he did give the impression that this summer would serve as a chance to win the lottery for many of our loan players. Were I a player’s agent, I would reflect carefully on how Zinchenko has been rewarded for his talent and dedication and caution my client against booking a summer holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.