Playing out from the back (The 'Ederson' Factor)

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
I'm just wondering, after the Schmiechel Debacle tonight, whether keepers are forced to try and emulate Ederson's display, on the pitch or whether they should 'play their own game'?

Why would a keeper try and be who they're not?

But, then again, why risk the fate of a Joe Hart situation??

As an observer, it seems to me that other clubs are trapped in our Man City web, do as we do, play we play or be consigned to the dustbin of yesterday's football.

There is an amazing amount of pressure on the opposition that I hadn't really noticed before tonight, not to be left behind.

Is this my imagination...?

I'm just wondering, after the Schmiechel Debacle tonight, whether keepers are forced to try and emulate Ederson's display, on the pitch or whether they should 'play their own game'?

As an observer, it seems to me that other clubs are trapped in our Man City web, do as we do, play we play or be consigned to the dustbin of yesterday's football.

There is an amazing amount of pressure on the opposition that I hadn't really noticed before tonight, not to be left behind.

It's even spreading to the lower leagues, with varying results. There are definitely no Edersons down there.

I'm just wondering, after the Schmiechel Debacle tonight, whether keepers are forced to try and emulate Ederson's display, on the pitch or whether they should 'play their own game'

I think your right. A few weeks back there was a comment regarding how Arsenal play and at the time I thought wtf. Blue tinted specs maybe. Yet 10 mins later they were dropping bollocks left right and centre. Cech couldn't find anyone.

I don't know whether to jump him or adopt him

most of the keepers are giving it a go and a lot are trying to play out from the back but we are the only ones who can do it

pep will indeed change football over here except the british managers teams,they will never understand it

Its mainly the Pep effect you are seeing but without a doubt, Ederson is showing the world how goalkeepers will have to play in the coming years.

Schmeichel will never be able to do it and any others wont either.

I found Schmeichel's fuck ups hilarious, considering the time wasting he was doing in the first half. Constantly moving the ball across to the other side of the box for goal kicks, and that bloody constant kicking of the goal post.

To think it was nothing but "fucking about with it at the back" to some not that long ago ;-)

its not just about being good with your feet its the system and manger and the defence its a team sport for a reason. yes ederson is the first keeper sweeper in the premier league but that is down to pep and no other. everything is worked on and pep misses nothing and i don't think other managers can do what pep does and that's why ederson looks world class. the only thing i have noticed is ederson can be kept too cold and under worked and sometimes is cought on the break with the speedy players when running back

that's the only weakness with playing out of the box you get stuck in-between coming or going back and going back you cannot get set and sometimes lose your angles. but that's it and ederson is going to be the model keeper the new type of keeping in the premier league and on international level

I think a decent number of teams (including us) were playing it out from the back before Pep arrived. It's just that we do it more and so much better than everyone else.

Absolutely superb in the second half when he ended up in the left back position. He calmly passed the ball to the centrebacks, where we just passed it about some more. Leicester chased shadows, trying desperately to get the ball back as we had no goalie, and Ederson just jogged on back to the goal, totally unflustered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.