Julian Weigl

IMO the main difference between Busi and Weigl is that the former had the luxury of being coached by Pep for 5 consecutive seasons. Very similar players. Weigl would be much more effective in big games that the likes of Dinho, passing under heavy pressure is his best trait (remember watching him for the 1st time vs Pep's Bayern, his calmness was shocking for a 18-yr old. Pep looked shocked on the presser as well: "our scouts didn't tell me about this player!").
The only problem that I see with Weigl is his price and the headache of dealing with Watzke.

On the other hand, I have a soft spot for all-arounders like Rijkaard and hope Guardiola will discover someone of that ilk.
FDJ! He lives! The future at DM lives!!!

FDJ! He lives! The future at DM lives!!!
IMO FDJ is a fragile midfielder that will play further upfield in a tougher league. His skillset is of a typical Guardiola 8.
Honest question: do you watch Eredivisie's full games? The league has declined, it's worse than Championship (I'm not joking). FDJ making Beckenbauer impression there means nothing.

IMO FDJ is a fragile midfielder that will play further upfield in a tougher league. His skillset is of a typical Guardiola 8.
Honest question: do you watch Eredivisie's full games? The league has declined, it's worse than Championship (I'm not joking). FDJ making Beckenbauer impression there means nothing.
It's just younger. The talent, technique, and tactical understanding on display is still of very high quality I

As for FDJ, I think he'd be just great at DM for us based on his akullses

Now why do you think FDJ is a fragile Midfielder?

It's just younger. The talent, technique, and tactical understanding on display is still of very high quality I

As for FDJ, I think he'd be just great at DM for us based on his akullses

Now why do you think FDJ is a fragile Midfielder?
Just my personal impression based on his appearance and the way he behaves in defensive 1-on-1s. I think Zinchenko looks as powerful as FDJ, and he regularly gets outmuscled by wingers. Another reason why FDJ won't be a DM: his trademark moves suit СМ/AM more, he's not a 'sitting' mid, shakes off opponents by accelerating into space, not by footwork.

I like both Weigl and FDJ, but don't see 'complete' DMs in them. Ideally, I'd like City to find someone combining Weigl's press-resistance with Dinho's ability to press across the pitch. That's why I've used Rijkaard as an example, the guy had Vieira's athleticism and pirloesque passing in one package. I know Pep sees the game in a different way, collective defending in his view replaces individual ability. But I'm still getting jealous watching that Milan side packed with defensive superstars (Rijkaard, Baresi, Maldini etc.). Really can't see anyone close to them in modern football. Perhaps Fred could be the solution, but only time will tell.

Just my personal impression based on his appearance and the way he behaves in defensive 1-on-1s. I think Zinchenko looks as powerful as FDJ, and he regularly gets outmuscled by wingers. Another reason why FDJ won't be a DM: his trademark moves suit СМ/AM more, he's not a 'sitting' mid, shakes off opponents by accelerating into space, not by footwork.

I like both Weigl and FDJ, but don't see 'complete' DMs in them. Ideally, I'd like City to find someone combining Weigl's press-resistance with Dinho's ability to press across the pitch. That's why I've used Rijkaard as an example, the guy had Vieira's athleticism and pirloesque passing in one package. I know Pep sees the game in a different way, collective defending in his view replaces individual ability. But I'm still getting jealous watching that Milan side packed with defensive superstars (Rijkaard, Baresi, Maldini etc.). Really can't see anyone close to them in modern football. Perhaps Fred could be the solution, but only time will tell.
Any players with the potential for this combination ?
Delle 'cnut' Alli ? :)

Despite Fred looking done can still see us going for Wiegl. Pep loves a midfielder and we could set up with 2 of Fern, Fred and Wiegl.

Only if we are dropping 1 of the more attacking players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.