Pablo Maffeo - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring back Maffeo as Walker’s understudy. Start him every cup game and possibly a few games in the league. Then after one season with us I would expect him to slowly challenge for the number 1 spot.
Agree with this very much.

Bring back Maffeo as Walker’s understudy. Start him every cup game and possibly a few games in the league. Then after one season with us I would expect him to slowly challenge for the number 1 spot.
Agree, some people underrate this guy massively. He`s been great for Girona this season. Quick, skillful and he is actually a good defender. Have not been impressed by Danilo, and I wouldn`t be shocked if he left us, to be 1st choice somewhere

Agree, some people underrate this guy massively. He`s been great for Girona this season. Quick, skillful and he is actually a good defender. Have not been impressed by Danilo, and I wouldn`t be shocked if he left us, to be 1st choice somewhere

I was more impressed with Maffeo vs rags in the cup last season than any of Danilo’s performances so far.

I was more impressed with Maffeo vs rags in the cup last season than any of Danilo’s performances so far.
I was very impressed as well. Our MOTM that game. Even though I hate Rashford, I have to admit it is hard to defend against him when he's 1 vs 1 because of his speed (no end product though), but Maffeo stopped him every time.

The way I see it is that we need to resolve Maffeo's long-term future one way or another this summer. His current deal only has a year left and while hopefully we can tie him I can see if he wouldn't be in a rush to re-sign if he's not only behind Walker, but going to be competing with Danilo for playing time as well. If he doesn't re-sign are we willing to gamble and keep him with a year left on his contract if we have concrete offers? Who knows, but I think its a little unlikely both Danilo and Maffeo are on the roster next year. Hopefully this is all just a moot point, Danilo finds a move, and Maffeo comes back this summer on a new contract.

I personally don't see that as an issue. I would have no problem saying "You are the 2nd choice RB behind Walker. In 2-3 years as Walker starts to age, we expect you to be our #1. Danilo may or may not be here in September but regardless that has no impact on you or your playing time."

I'm not sure it would even suck for Danilo that much...he wanted to play a bigger role than he did at Real, and that's simply not happened. He was supposedly going to play back up to Mendy, but within 2 months he got replaced at that position by Delph, and now Zinchenko. He probably isn't happy with that, and it wouldn't be a surprise if he seeks a starting position elsewhere in the summer.

I don't disagree. Danilo's problem is he has been for years now at a club that is beyond his talent. He is a fine backup at Real and here but he will never be a starter at a Big club. It his choice...stay on the fringes of a big club or step down a level and play regularly.

"But Don Balon claim Messi believes Maffeo is ready to make the step up at the Nou Camp. The Spain Under-21 international would reportedly cost around £22million (€25m) but it is claimed Messi believes he could make the right-back position his own for the next 10 years." Even Messi rates him, I would be pissed if we sold him

"But Don Balon claim Messi believes Maffeo is ready to make the step up at the Nou Camp. The Spain Under-21 international would reportedly cost around £22million (€25m) but it is claimed Messi believes he could make the right-back position his own for the next 10 years." Even Messi rates him, I would be pissed if we sold him

Thing is we loan players and they play week in week out they usually don’t want to come back and sit on our bench be the same with Gunn. We could say you will be second choice but you will play around 25/30 games next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.