Pablo Maffeo - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still don`t understand how someone says that he is not good enough for being second choice RB. I`ve seen lots of people saying that he is the best U-21 right back in the world, and now even Messi wants him

I remember when Girona played Barcelona, Messi was speaking to him and asking if he’s a City player. Surely he saw the potential in him.

Yea don’t understand it either. Unfortunate to sell Danilo but that’s just the way it is. Bought Ederson after one season of Bravo and now we should do similar with Maffeo.

One of the greatest benefits of Maffeo coming back is it shows all our youngsters that there is a path to the first team. Think after another loan Angeliño could follow a similar path.

It gives real incentive to all the young players to stay with us and go out on these loans for playing time.

I remember when Girona played Barcelona, Messi was speaking to him and asking if he’s a City player. Surely he saw the potential in him.

Yea don’t understand it either. Unfortunate to sell Danilo but that’s just the way it is. Bought Ederson after one season of Bravo and now we should do similar with Maffeo.

One of the greatest benefits of Maffeo coming back is it shows all our youngsters that there is a path to the first team. Think after another loan Angeliño could follow a similar path.

It gives real incentive to all the young players to stay with us and go out on these loans for playing time.
Unless someone from our academy makes the first team within a couple years, it will be hard to attract the most promising youngsters around the world to sign for us

Unless someone from our academy makes the first team within a couple years, it will be hard to attract the most promising youngsters around the world to sign for us

Exactly. I think it will happen.

...has it not already or did I miss the massive transfer fees we paid for Foden and Diaz?

It’s good that the involved but I wouldn’t exactly call them complete members of the first team. Maffeo would be a real #2 and start many many games, not just coming off the bench and getting the odd start as Foden and Diaz are.

It’s good that the involved but I wouldn’t exactly call them complete members of the first team. Maffeo would be a real #2 and start many many games, not just coming off the bench and getting the odd start as Foden and Diaz are.
Well, they have both officially been promoted to the first team, training and travelling with for some time, with match minutes coming pretty frequently when they are fit, so I am not sure that is a fair definition of “complete members”. As @squirtyflower rightly pointed out, they are both still very young so expecting them to immediately become starters would be unrealistic (and probably detrimental to their development). I think their progression is exactly the sort of example we want to set for academy players: you need to have immense talent and work ethic to get anywhere near our first team but, if you are good enough and apply yourself, you’ll get your chance.

That is an elite youth development program.

They're 17 and 18.

Well, they have both officially been promoted to the first team, training and travelling with for some time, with match minutes coming pretty frequently when they are fit, so I am not sure that is a fair definition of “complete members”. As @squirtyflower rightly pointed out, they are both still very young so expecting them to immediately become starters would be unrealistic (and probably detrimental to their development). I think their progression is exactly the sort of example we want to set for academy players: you need to have immense talent and work ethic to get anywhere near our first team but, if you are good enough and apply yourself, you’ll get your chance.

That is an elite youth development program.

Of course. Came off as saying they should get more chances but that’s not what I meant. Diaz and Foden are both on a natural progression. They are still very young but are getting valuable minutes in the first team.

Having Maffeo back and playing often would just strengthen our position in terms of believing in youth is what I meant and would further motivate the likes of Diaz, Foden, Angeliño and Tosin.

They’ve trained with the first team from start of the season so they are first team players just easing them in don’t forget they are 17 and 18 year olds name me another team that has a 17 and an 18 year old on there benches and bringing them on in a premier game!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.