Homeless

Most of them are just wanting for their drug addiction, like that story previously I know sometimes they get pushed down that path but no sympathy I’m afraid.

Coming back from a game once and walking towards Piccadilly homeless guy got a £10 note off a gentleman waited till he was gone and jumped in a taxi.

Let's put this into a bit of perspective. The infantry guy went through a horror that was forced upon him, not his choice....the Z lister from a pop band more than likely pissed any money he had away on a frivolous lifestyle, his choice. Now trying to resurrect his sorry career on daytime TV no doubt. Only pity for one I'm afraid .
Not trying to be funny mate, but he did have a choice, the choice was don't join the army, you are trained for shit like killing people when you join, you know killing people could be part of your job, I nearly joined the fire service years back, reason I didn't wasn't fear of fire or heights, the reason was if I got called to a horrific car smash and had to cut dead bodies possibly children out of cars, I didn't think I could do it without it affecting me, so yes he had a choice, just like I did

As someone said earlier a lot of the homeless have their reasons for being on the street.

I knew a guy in Dumfries. Lets call him Danny. Danny was infantry in the army and got to serve in the Falklands War. During the fighting, Danny stuck his bayonet into an Argentinian's head, and once lodged couldnt get it back out. Danny's Sgt Mjr made him pull the trigger to release the bayonet.
After returning and many nights having recurring dreams things went from bad to worse. His psychological state deteriorated his wife left him, he lost his job, house, and ended up turning to the only people he thought would help him, the only people that wanted to be his friends.....the homeless.
Danny turned to drugs and alcohol to help control his suffering, but he would always talk to the public when he was selling his big issues and always treated people with respect.
Last time i heard about Danny was 3 years ago when he was arrested for shoplifting a sandwich from M&S.

Everyone has a story behind their plight, sometimes we just have to try and understand better

Just had a google to see if there was anything else that i could find out about 'Danny' and i have.

I was obviously a little out on the 3 years cos in 2014 'Danny' died.

The year before two women formed a fundraiser so he could join his friends in Aldershot and celebrate 30 years with his comrades.

I really hope Danny had a great time because he really was a great person, just not helped and left to get sick.

RIP Tinker

Let's put this into a bit of perspective. The infantry guy went through a horror that was forced upon him, not his choice....the Z lister from a pop band more than likely pissed any money he had away on a frivolous lifestyle, his choice. Now trying to resurrect his sorry career on daytime TV no doubt. Only pity for one I'm afraid .
I was highlighting different reasons for homelessness and just chose those 2 as one affected me and the other i saw today,there are so many different reasons and its not a case of who to feel sorry for,everyones experience is a their own and the end result the same,i have empathy for every single one of them because when i see them i see them all in the same situation so therefore equal

In Leeds shopping with the daughter guy begging he has a pair of 97 trainers on which are roughly £130 quid and a north Face jacket, cnunts better dressed than me

I honestly don’t understand how someone can end up on the streets homeless if they’re not completely off their heads on drugs.
Divorce. Mental health problems. Gambling issues. Alcoholism. Former gang members trying to hide. Ex offenders who cannot get employment. Victims of human trafficking. Child sexual exploitation victims. Undiagnosed personality disorders. Ptsd. Human slavery escapers. Missing children who never wanted to go back to whatever they have fled from. Hows that for a few other, real, reasons?

Beggars (probably homeless) seem to be outside supermarkets a lot lately. It's a good spot. Call it physiognomy or whatever, but I think you can usually see who is a genuine fuck up, (life has fucked them) and who is pretending. The idea that one would appear dirty, wear shit clothes, be unshaven, and sit there in the hope some strangers put some pennies in their paper cup, as a ruse, is doubtful.

Divorce. Mental health problems. Gambling issues. Alcoholism. Former gang members trying to hide. Ex offenders who cannot get employment. Victims of human trafficking. Child sexual exploitation victims. Undiagnosed personality disorders. Ptsd. Human slavery escapers. Missing children who never wanted to go back to whatever they have fled from. Hows that for a few other, real, reasons?

All of these are supported to some extent, I understand how people end up living in temporary accommodation and shelters etc. But there’s surely enough out there so you don’t have to literally sleep on the streets?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.