Sunday Supplement 17/18

They are still jumping on that comment by Pep that he doesn't teach tackling in training & somehow inferring from that, that Pep wants all tackling banned. Are these supposedly intelligent journalists being serious to even think that any coach not just Pep spends time in training teaching their players in how to tackle. By the time a player has broken into the first team, if that player doesn't already know how to tackle then what hope is there for them. Work on defensive shape & organization by all means & where to position oneself at set pieces but teaching professional players how to tackle FFS. I can just imagine Pep taking Kompany or Otamendi to one side for an hour during each training session & saying "Listen guys when you are running side by side with an opposing forward this is how you tackle them". The mind boggles that these journalists seem to think that's what goes on in training.
Cracks me up that they think in the 16 or so hours that Guardiola will actually get to work with the squad in an average week that he should waste time demonstrating exactly how to slide on your arse on a wet pitch. Tactics, technique, attacking plays? Nah lads, today we're going to work on getting a toe to the ball.

Cracks me up that they think in the 16 or so hours that Guardiola will actually get to work with the squad in an average week that he should waste time demonstrating exactly how to slide on your arse on a wet pitch. Tactics, technique, attacking plays? Nah lads, today we're going to work on getting a toe to the ball.

Excellent post , managers like Allardyce , Pardew , Dyche , Warnock will all love a toe on the ball , i imagine their pre match tactical DVD/video for their players is the John Smiths advert "ave it".

Ha Ha. You don't like it then?
To be honest, only started it when I needed new hips and knees. The only exercise I can do is walking, so try and hit that little fecker into a hole for a bit of competition, but more often than not into a river or out of bounds

Was only joking mate, but not much of a fan. I love the Ryder Cup though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.