Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

4 years ago he wasn't asked to run and chase down everything for 90 minutes either.

This conversation shouldn't really be happening on the day our top goal scorer ever has smashed in 4 goals and his 13th of the month or whatever it is, all seems a bit churlish to me.

He is a different player than he was 4 years ago. He is better at some things and he is not as effective at others (largely due to the aging process). You could say the exact same thing about Messi.

To suggest that we are not allowed to discuss his natural progression as a footballer because he put in what was the most clinical 40 minutes of finishing I have ever seen is odd and smacks of group-think...something that is counter to what I have always seen in City fans.

He is a different player than he was 4 years ago. He is better at some things and he is not as effective at others (largely due to the aging process). You could say the exact same thing about Messi.

To suggest that we are not allowed to discuss his natural progression as a footballer because he put in what was the most clinical 40 minutes of finishing I have ever seen is odd and smacks of group-think...something that is counter to what I have always seen in City fans.

You did read the rest of the posts that the other lad wrote right ?

I also believe a mod give him the night off for wumming btw that is how good they were.

If you want to say he is a worse footballer now than 4 years ago that is your prerogative, I suggest on the day he scores 4 goals in 45 minutes it makes you rather odd and that is my opinion, as I wasn't talking to you in the first place and out of all the other posters that disagreed with the original guy you chose my post to quote, I am not interested in a row with you so will be leaving it here.

Indeed.

Bell was the complete midfielder. He could tackle hard and win possession asbwell as scoring goals at a faster rate than KDB. He could also create chances and dominate the midfield.

However Kevin is much better in his current role than Bell.
Colin was every inch a Pep type player - vicious seriously powerful shot, class first touch, fastest player in the Division, covered more miles than any player in the Division, more stamina than any player in the Division, exceptional passing range with very little backlift, tremendous header of the ball, could go past players in a variety of ways - whether by pure skill or his surge, and a goalscoring record that any top class centre forward would be proud of. Pep would love all these attributes, but the thing that says 'Pep player' about Colin was his ability to win tackles and close players down. He was also a leader by example. Am I exaggerating ? No way, he was that damn good. Decades ahead of his time. In this era, in this Champions League era - he would be worth the thick end of £200m. A gentleman - a decent, humble and principled guy.

Last edited:
To be honest, I watched a BT Sport series of big matches from the 70's & whilst Bell was a king amongst several cloggers, on closer analysis I think Yaya (at his peak) & Silva wete/are better. As for KDB, he's better at this moment in time, but I reckon he needs to have another 3-4 seasons like this to be up there with this lot.

However there's another question we could never answer, but which poses another a more interesting scenario.... How would Bell fare in this current team, but more importantly, being coached by Guardiola?
Look at my other comment. Under Pep, Colin would be off the scale colossal. Colin played on crap pitches with a heavier ball.

Colin was every inch a Pep type player - vicious seriously powerful shot, class first touch, fastest player in the Division, covered more miles than any player in the Division, more stamina than any player in the Division, exceptional passing range with very little backlift, tremendous header of the ball, could go past players in a variety of ways - whether by pure skill or his surge, and a goalscoring record that any top class centre forward would be proud of. Pep would love all these attributes, but the thing that says 'Pep player' about Colin was his ability to win tackles and close players down. He was also a leader by example. Am I exaggerating ? No way, he was that damn good. Decades ahead of his time. In this era, in this Champions League era - he would be worth the thick end of £200m. A gentleman - a decent, humble and principled guy.

Think of the Yaya surge, now think of a player doing that countless times every game without breaking sweat. That player would be Colin.

Look at my other comment. Under Pep, Colin would be off the scale colossal. Colin played on crap pitches with a heavier ball.

Think of the Yaya surge, now think of a player doing that countless times every game without breaking sweat. That player would be Colin.
Colin played with some seriously good players and some who were workhorses. Imagine him linking with David and Kevin on today's pitches. What you would have are three geniuses. Colin could have been a top athlete - equally adept at the 100/200 metres, 400 metres, 800 metres, 1,500 metres and the seriously longer distances.

Last edited:
Colin was every inch a Pep type player - vicious seriously powerful shot, class first touch, fastest player in the Division, covered more miles than any player in the Division, , more stamina than any player in the Division, exceptional passing range with very little backlift, tremendous header of the ball, could go past players in a variety of ways - whether by pure skill or his surge, and a goalscoring record that any top class centre forward would be proud of. Pep would love all these attributes, but the thing that says 'Pep player' about Colin was his ability to win tackles and close players down. He was also a leader by example. Am I exaggerating ? No way, he was that damn good. Decades ahead of his time. In this era, in this Champions League era - he would be worth the thick end of £200m. A gentleman - a decent, humble and principled guy.
You just quoted all the reasons why we named our son Colin when he was born in 1970

If Puel thought that then he’s a fool and needs to do his homework better. Our boys are ‘a second half team’. We wear opponents down and blow them away after half time, been doing it all season. I’m always mega confident we’ll win the game if we get to half time not losing
I sensed that's what Puel was thinking & he confirmed it in his post match interview. I was shocked, not because we're a second half team, but because I thought they were doing a good job of stopping us from playing as the first half wore on.

We were looking a bit clueless as the 1st half was drawing to a close & I reckon he thought there was simething more than a draw to be had out of the game. He ended up doing us a favour.

Colin played with some seriously good players and some who were workhorses. Imagine him linking with David and Colin on today's pitches. What you would have are three geniuses. Colin could have been a top athlete - equally adept at the 100/200 metres, 400 metres, 800 metres, 1,500 metres and the seriously longer distances.
Nijinski indeed

You did read the rest of the posts that the other lad wrote right ?

I also believe a mod give him the night off for wumming btw that is how good they were.

If you want to say he is a worse footballer now than 4 years ago that is your prerogative, I suggest on the day he scores 4 goals in 45 minutes it makes you rather odd and that is my opinion, as I wasn't talking to you in the first place and out of all the other posters that disagreed with the original guy you chose my post to quote, I am not interested in a row with you so will be leaving it here.

You responded to me, so I explained my perspective. I really don't care what kiam said.

The highlighted portion of your post is the problem. People MAKE SHIT UP. You literally are quoting my post where I said he is a DIFFERENT player than he was 4 years ago. You somehow interpret that as WORSE.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.